Eagle Brief Aug. 28-Sept. 3

Homecoming festivities
Lining+the+hallway+wall%2C+the+Talonettes+door+decoration+presents+a+theme+based+on+the+++%0ATaylor+Swift+Eras+tour.+Every+advisory+class+had+the+opportunity+to+decorate+their+doors+in+a+music+theme+for+the+homecoming+door+decoration+contest.+One+of+the+spirit+days+also+allowed+students+to+decorate+in+Taylor+Swift+outfits.+
Juliana Cruz
Lining the hallway wall, the Talonettes’ door decoration presents a theme based on the Taylor Swift “Eras” tour. Every advisory class had the opportunity to decorate their doors in a music theme for the homecoming door decoration contest. One of the spirit days also allowed students to decorate in Taylor Swift outfits.

Eagle Update & Resources

• To view PHS news letter click here.
  • To view the calendar of scheduled sporting events, click the high school athletics calendar here.
  • To view PISD events, the district-wide calendar is linked here.
  • To view the 2024-2024 academic calendar, click here.
  • To view this week’s PISD express information, click here.
  • Visit  https://prosper.voting4schools.com/ to vote for your homecoming court king and queen. Voting opens Aug. 28 until Aug. 31. Homecoming court king and will be announced at the homecoming football game on Sept. 1 at Children’s Health Stadium at 7 p.m.
  • If you want to level down from an AP or Honors course, you must wait until the end of the six-week marking period. A form will be available for you to fill out. As a reminder, there are no elective changes. The only changes that can be made at this time are schedule corrections.
  • School pictures for 9th-11th graders and Seniors who are new to the school and need a school ID will be taken today, Monday, Aug. 28. A link to order will be given to students during the photo time. Retakes are in October.
  • Seniors have senior lunch this Thursday, Aug. 31. Seniors fill out your permission forms before Wednesday, Aug. 30 or you will not be released at 1:45 p.m. for lunch. Seniors who have early release periods do not have to return to school that day, but those who do have a 4th/8th period must return for class in time.
  • Students have Sept. 1-Sept. 4 off for Labor Day Break
  • This week is homecoming week. Read the homecoming brief for events and announcements. Click here.

Upcoming

• The first Model UN club meeting is Aug. 28 before and after school in the LGI.
  • The first Street Legal club meeting is Aug. 28 after school in room 1264
  • The Prosper Engineering Team is hosting tryouts for their nationally competitive Prosper Drone Team the AeroTalons on Aug. 29 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the Walnut Grove HS LGI. Almost any career path is represented, from business/marketing to video production to art. They are looking for all interests, technical and non-technical. In addition, they have the technical teams for Pilot, Fabrication, Electronics, Programming, and Mechanical events. Competitive Intelligence is one of the strongest capabilities, and the team wants to continue to develop the fantastic success they experienced this year. They are seeking students who will be the key to the success of the team in leadership, spirit of volunteerism and community while learning technical and non-technical skills.
  • Girls Computer Science Club will host an interest meeting on Aug. 30 after school in Room 1260.

Sports schedules

Monday, Aug. 28 – No events.

Tuesday, Aug. 29 

4 p.m. Varsity Boys Tennis @ Rock Hill High School

4 p.m. Varsity Girls Tennis @ Rock Hill High School

5:30 p.m. Varsity Waterpolo Girls vs. Denton Ryan (home)

7 p.m. Varsity Waterpolo Boys vs. Denton Ryan (home)

Wednesday, Aug. 30 – No events

Thursday, Aug, 31

4 p.m. 9th White Football vs. Jesuit HS (home – PHS Turf and Track)

Interested in becoming part of the football film crew and are a freshman or sophomore? Email @bcsmith@prosper-isd.net. Benefits include traveling with the team, team-issued gear, free food, access to technology such as drones, access to graphic design, social media, and HUDL.

4:30 p.m. JV Boys Tennis vs. Rock Hill (home)

4:30 p.m. JV Girls Tennis vs Rock Hill (home)

5 p.m. JV White Football @ Sachse

5:30 p.m. 9th Green Football vs. Sachse (home – PHS Turf and Track)

7 p.m. JV Green Football @ Sachse

7 p.m. 9th Black Football vs. Sachse

Friday, Sept. 1

5:30 p.m. Varsity Volleyball vs. Arlington (home – PHS Arena)

5: 30 p.m. 9th A Volleyball vs. Arlington (home – PHS Auxillary Gym #1)

Street Legal is a Prosper HS Car Club that is beginning its second year. If you are interested in cars, this is the place for you. Open to all students whether you own a car or not. You will learn simple maintenance and we are looking to add some car runs and car show meet-ups.

6:30 p.m. JV Volleyball vs. Arlington (home – PHS Arena)

6:30 p.m. 9th B Volleyball vs Arlington (home – PHS Auxillary Gym #1)

7 p.m. Varsity Football vs. Sachse (home – Children’s Health Stadium)

Saturday, Sept. 2

TBA JV and Varsity Boys Cross Country @ Marcus Coach T Invitational

TBA JV and Varsity Girls Cross Country @ Marcus Coach T Invitational

12 p.m. Varsity Girls vs. Highland Park (home)

1:30 p.m. Varsity Boys vs. Highland Park (home)

Sunday, Sept. 3 – No events

Uplifting

• Varsity Elite Boys finished 10th and Varsity Elite Girls finished 6th at the Southlake #1 Carroll invite
  • Senior Max Miller set a new school record with a time of 14:26 and finished first place
  • PHS Waterpolo won nine out of 14 games during the Prosper Classic tournament
  • PHS tennis beat Walnut Grove HS 14-5
  • Lady Eagles Volleyball ended the Volley Palooza tournament with a 6-3 record and won in the bronze bracket.