News Brief: End-of-year senior information, dates and more

School provides dates and locations for senior activities
Juliana Cruz
As all senior’s look forward to the next step in their journey’s, seniors Kaya Miller, Courtney Reed, Lily Goodman, and Kailyn Anderson pose for their seniors photos as a celebration for all of their accomplishments throughout high school. Graduation will be at PISD Children’s Health Stadium on May 22. The ceremony will begin at 7:30 p.m. (Photos courtesy of junior Sofia Ayala)

As the year ends, senior privileges such as prom and graduation approach in less than 30 days. Senior week will start from Thursday, May 16 to Wednesday, May 22.

With the same venue as last year, the enchanted themed prom will take place at 7 p.m. on Saturday, April 27 at the Dallas/Plano Marriott at Legacy Town Center. Students can purchase tickets here for a price of $80 — due to demand, 200 tickets were added to purchase, once sold out, no extra tickets will be available. The age limit for prom is 9th graders to 20 years old. If your date is a NON-PHS student, you must fill out this form by Wednesday, April 24. If your date is a PHS student, this form must be filled out.

Final voting for King and Queen is open until 4:10 p.m. on Thursday, April 25. — only juniors and seniors can vote. PHS student council will continue to update their Instagram with more information on the subject.

The top 10% banquet will be at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, April 25 in the PHS cafeteria. Qualifying students were sent the invite for the event.

The class of 2023-2024 graduation will be at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, May 22 at Children’s Health Stadium. Seniors will arrive to the school at 3:30 p.m. to be bused to graduation. There will be no ticket reservation. Tickets will be sold for $15 on a first come-first serve basis. Students will then be bused back to the school. PISD has a clear bag policy upon entry, check the district website for more updated information. Graduation practice will take place on Monday, May 20 from 1:15 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. which is mandatory or can result in no participation for the graduation ceremony on stage. Dress code is formal – no sandals, shoes with spikes, shorts, midriff, hats, hoodies or jeans. Remember, students will be walking on turf.

Students may design the top of their caps with the profession or career they follow. Decorations must be flat, no 3-D or hanging decor or quotes are allowed — must be school appropriate. You can decorate caps in the Nest with free but limited materials provided.

If you have attended PISD from K-12 grade and/or part of the Superintendent Council, you will receive a cord from Superintendent Holly Ferguson. Other cords are given to you by organization leaders and have been approved by the district beforehand. If personal or handmade cords are brought you can wear them underneath your gown but are not approved to wear above it.

The senior elementary walk will allow students to walk the halls of the school they attended. Seniors will load onto the buses by 8:45 a.m. in their cap and gowns, attendance is required. Transportation will only be done on buses by the school, no personal vehicles. Fill out this form to be transported to the school of your choice.

Students can drive or take the school bus to Andretti’s on Tuesday, May 21. Students must be there by 9 a.m. If you transport yourself there, parents must sign a permission slip, allowing you to do so. Students will be provided lunch at the location.

Seniors must return school-issued Chromebooks alongside with its charging cord to the Nest. If it is not returned between May 13 to May 16 during school hours, seniors will not be able to participate in senior week. If not done by the late date of May 20, you will not be able to participate in the graduation ceremony.

If you have “holds” that are on your record such as attendance or academics, report to the lower house to get them cleared.

Emails for seniors will be turned off mid-June, there will be more information released later in May.

Senior Links

Senior Privilege Parent Permission Form

Elementary Walk

Graduation Cap Decorating

Parent Pep Rally Participation

Andretti’s Transportation

Graduation Celebration

Decision Day Form

Senior Slideshow with updated information, links and more.

Below is an infographic with important events and dates.

An infographic made on Canva shows dates and events happening in May. Seniors have end-of-year privileges PISD provided. Students must have parent signed permission slips signed for senior privilege week. (Juliana Cruz)