Students prepare to vote, participate in homecoming

Opportunities begin today, continue through this week
Sitting+on+the+PISD+administration+float%2C+assistant+principal+Dr.+Lute+Croy+throws+candy+to+the+2023+crowd.+Every+year%2C+many+organizations%2C+clubs+and+teams+of+Prosper+High+School+and+community+make+parade+floats.+Community+members+get+to+watch+and+collect+candy+as+part+of+the+homecoming+parade+tradition.+
Kaya Miller
Sitting on the PISD administration float, assistant principal Dr. Lute Croy throws candy to the 2023 crowd. Every year, many organizations, clubs and teams of Prosper High School and community make parade floats. Community members get to watch and collect candy as part of the homecoming parade tradition.

Resources

I’ve watched their film. They look very talented, so I’m excited about the opportunity (of the homecoming game).

— Cam Devereaux, assistant football coach

• Visit  https://prosper.voting4schools.com/ to vote for your homecoming court queen and king. Voting opens Aug. 28 until Aug. 31 at 4 p.m. Homecoming court king and will be announced at the homecoming football game on Sep. 1 in the Children’s Health Stadium at 7 p.m.
  • Your senior queen and king nominees include these:
    • Senior Princess: Alexis Kirksey, Margaret Manning, Brianna Marler, Pendo Njoroge, and Hannah Stephens.
    • Senior Prince: Davis Perkins, Terrence Jones, Parker Browning, and Max Rogers.
  • Click here for information on the homecoming parade.
  • Click here to buy tickets for the homecoming dance.

“Last year I went to the dance and really enjoyed my time as I went with a huge group and enjoyed the night. I’m more excited this year to get the opportunity to meet with my friends as junior year has been pretty busy so far.”

— Saanvi Bohrakoti, junior

Spirit Week

• Monday: “Bring Back December” – Dress up in holiday spirit or dress up in Taylor Swift-era outfits
    Tuesday: “I’m Just Ken” & Barbie – wear pink
    Wednesday: Dress up in USA colors and seniors wear mums
    Thursday: Spirit wear – Green, white, black and mums

I’ve always gone to the parades since I was kid when I moved here, and I was in them as a cheerleader until 3rd grade. So being on the K-12 float this year is like full circle to end off my time in Prosper ISD.

— Savannah Smith, senior

Events

• Wednesday, Aug. 30 – Homecoming parade at 6 p.m. starting at the corner of First St. and Coleman, but street closures will begin at 5 p.m. The community pep rally will be after the parade at the PHS turf and track. Click here for more information
  • Thursday, Aug. 31 – PHS pep rally in the arena during advisory
  • Friday, Sept. 1 – Homecoming football game vs. Sachse at Children’s Health Stadium at 7 p.m.
  • Saturday, Sept. 2 – Homecoming dance at PHS cafeteria at 8 p.m. Each ticket is $30.

We have an awesome tradition around here. The homecoming parade is probably one of the coolest things. It’s a huge deal for our community, and a lot of fun for the kids.

— Clay Wilson, assistant baseball coach

Parade Road Closures

• Click here to see a visual of the parade route
  • Craig Road & Broadway to Church Road & Broadway
  • Church Road & 8th Street
  • Coleman will become one-way southbound from Prosper Trail to Broadway
  • Broadway & Coleman to Coleman & Talon Way