• May 13Regular daily publications have stopped for reviews & finals. Be watching, though, coverage resumes soon.

Eagle Brief: April 29 – May 5

After taking first place at regionals in Literary Criticism, freshman Suhani Singh holds the plaque with her championship and state-advancing teammates freshman Sahasra Dittakavi and sophomore Nainika Ronanki. Dittakavi and Ronanki also will advance in Ready Writing, after Dittakavi took first and Ronanki claimed the third-place qualifying spots. UIL held the Region I-6A competition at Rock Hill April 26. These qualifiers will compete May 15 at the state UIL Academic Meet in Austin.
Courtesy of Michelle Furr
After taking first place at regionals in “Literary Criticism,” freshman Suhani Singh holds the plaque with her championship and state-advancing teammates freshman Sahasra Dittakavi and sophomore Nainika Ronanki. Dittakavi and Ronanki also will advance in “Ready Writing,” after Dittakavi took first and Ronanki claimed the third-place qualifying spots. UIL held the Region I-6A competition at Rock Hill April 26. These qualifiers will compete May 15 at the state UIL Academic Meet in Austin.

Eagle Update & Resources

• To view PHS newsletter click here.
  • To view the calendar of scheduled sporting events, click the high school athletics
     calendar here.
  • To view PISD events, the district-wide calendar is linked here.
  • To view the 2023-2024 academic calendar, click here.
  • To view this week’s PISD express information, click here.

Seniors who have donated blood twice in their senior year have earned a blood donation cord that they can pick up in Room 3110

Upcoming

• AP Testing is May 6-May 17
  • Please join Prosper Eagles Baseball and the Prosper ISD Athletics community in supporting Jaxson Little and his family as we battle Jaxson’s leukemia together. Every donation, no matter the size, can make a difference. We will be wearing Jaxson Little Strong shirts for games at Rock Hill on Tuesday and Orange Out at Prosper High School on Friday.

Sports schedules

Monday, April 29– No events.

Tuesday, April 30– No events.

Wednesday, May 1– No events.

Are you a musical artist…or in a band? Maybe a future Taylor Swift, Kanye West or Billie Eilish? Do you want to have your music expertly recorded by our Digital Audio class students? Then contact Mr. Hatch via email, or stop by Room #1156. You may hear your finished track playing between passing periods on our campus radio station PHS The Talon! Reach out to Mr. Hatch RIGHT NOW.

Thursday, May 2– No events.

Friday, May 3

9 a.m. Varsity Track @ STATE 6A Championship

Saturday, May 4– No events.

Sunday,May 5 – No events. 

Uplifting

• Congratulations to seniors Kwasi Boamah and Tilly Ross on winning prom king and queen.