• June 3Staff ends regular, daily publishing for 2023-24 school year. Watch for new publications to come in 2024-25!

Eagle Brief May 20-22

Archery team advance to finals at nationals
Sofia Ayala
As last year’s seniors receive their diplomas, 2023 graduate Makayla Noble cheers on her peers as they walk the stage. This year’s graduation ceremony will take place at the Prosper ISD Children’s Health Stadium. All three high schools will have their event at the stadium. Graduation is set to take place on Wednesday, May 22 at 7:30 p.m.

Graduation and more

• Graduation will be Wednesday, May 22, at Prosper ISD Children’s Health Stadium. The ceremony will begin at 7:30 p.m.
  • Due to weather conditions, and if there is lightning, they will re-evaluate every 30 minutes until 9 p.m. for the event to begin and/or continue.
  • During these possible delays, all seniors will be held in the locker rooms at the Children’s Health Stadium.
  • If the event doesn’t begin by 9 p.m. or does not finish, the remaining portion of the graduation ceremony will be held Thursday at 9 a.m.
  • Senior week activities will continue May 20-22.

Eagle Update & Resources

Uplifting

This past weekend, the Prosper archery team competed at the National Archery in the Schools Program National Tournament. A total of 39 high school teams competed, and the PHS team took 12th place. In the male category, Cooper Wiggins placed sixth out of 379 other competitors. In the female category, Maiya Oyakawa finished ninth overall out of 387 competitors.

Competitors in order in the image above:

First Row: Adyson Russell, Sarah Hamilton, Ria Kamalraj, Jade Jesurun, Shamaya Landor

Second Row: Mark Carbajal, Diego Villalobos, Olivia Crooks, Inesh Somasundaram, Isabelle Rader, Maiya Oyakawa, Blake Yuen

Third Row: Aadhityaa Thiruvengadam, Arnav Ambare, Zain Jehangiri, Tyler Walker, Cooper Wigginton, Colin Sweeney, Tyler Robinson