Eagle Brief: Nov. 27 – Dec. 3

In+the+PHS+gym%2C+senior+Courtney+Reed+gets+ready+to+donate+blood.+Carter+Blood+Care+works+with+the+HOSA+organization+to+host+a+blood+drive+for+students+today%2C+Nov.+27.+Seniors+can+get+an+honor+cord+for+graduation+if+they+donate+twice+%E2%80%93+once+in+the+first+semester+and+once+in+the+second+semester.+There+will+be+another+opportunity+for+16-year-olds+%28with+a+parent-signed+form%29+and+17-year-olds+%28and+older%29+to+donate+in+the+spring.+Every+blood+drive+we+do+saves+so+many+lives%2C+HOSA+sponsor+and+health+sciences+teacher+Kelli+Factor+said.+As+you+know%2C+there+is+a+massive+shortage+of+blood+available%2C+so+this+really+does+make+a+difference+for+our+community.+Every+pint+collected+can+save+up+to+three+lives.++
Riley McConnell
In the PHS gym, senior Courtney Reed gets ready to donate blood. Carter Blood Care works with the HOSA organization to host a blood drive for students today, Nov. 27. Seniors can get an honor cord for graduation if they donate twice – once in the first semester and once in the second semester. There will be another opportunity for 16-year-olds (with a parent-signed form) and 17-year-olds (and older) to donate in the spring. “Every blood drive we do saves so many lives,” HOSA sponsor and health sciences teacher Kelli Factor said. “As you know, there is a massive shortage of blood available, so this really does make a difference for our community. Every pint collected can save up to three lives.”

Eagle Update & Resources

Upcoming

• Students who are 16 years old (with a permission slip) or 17 and up can donate at the Blood Drive on Nov. 27. Seniors, if you would like an honor cord for graduation you must donate twice, one on Nov. 27 and another in the 2nd semester.
  • Soccer tryouts are on Nov. 27 and 28.
  • Computer Science Club Meeting after school on Nov. 27 in room 1260.
  • Honors and AP class level down forms are in the upper and lower house. Electives and teachers can not be changed.

Sports schedules

Monday, Nov. 27– No events. 

Tuesday, Nov. 28

5 p.m. 9th Green Boys Basketball vs. Frisco Panther (PHS Auxillary Gym #1)

6:15 p.m. JV Boys Basketball vs. Frisco Panther Creek (PHS Arena)

7:30 p.m. Varsity Boys Basketball vs. Panther Creek (PHS Arena)

Each pint collected saves three lives. Seniors will receive a donation cord for graduation if they are able to donate two times this year. See Mrs. Factor for details.

Wednesday, Nov. 29 – No events. 

Thursday, Nov. 30

9:30 a.m. JV Boys and Girls Wrestling  @ Rockwall’s Rumble at the Rock

4:30 p.m. Varsity Boys Basketball vs. Wakeland (PHS Arena)

Friday, Dec. 1

1 p.m. Varsity Boys and Girls Wrestling @ Rockwall’s Rumble at the Rock

4:30 p.m. Varsity Boys Basketball vs. Plano Senior High (PHS Arena)

5 p.m. 9th Green Boys Basketball vs. Frisco Lone Star (PHS Auxillary Gym #1)

5 p.m. JV Girls Basketball @ Lake Highlands

5 p.m. 9th A Girls Basketball @ Lake Highlands

6:15 p.m. JV Boys Basketball vs. Frisco Lone Star (PHS Auxillary Gym #2)

6:30 p.m. Varsity Girls Basketball @ Lake Highlands

Saturday, Dec. 2

10 a.m. Varsity Boys and Girls Wrestling @ Rockwall’s Rumble at the Rock

12 p.m. Varsity Boys Basketball vs. Naaman Forest (PHS Arena)

Sunday, Dec. 3 – No events.

Uplifting

• Hooray! ENO Takes Top Texas Position and Joins Elite National Site Ranking.
  • The Prosper High School archery team came in 1st out of 6 teams, beating both Rock Hill (who placed 3rd) and Walnut Grove (who placed 5th); PHS beat the 2nd place team by 128 points!
    • Top 10 Boys – 1st: senior Colin Sweeney with a score of 289, and 7th: junior Cooper Wigginton with a score of 273
    • Top 10 Girls – 1st: senior Maiya Oyakawa with a score of 288, 2nd: sophomore Sydney Robinson with a score of 287, 5th: freshman Adyson Russell with a score of 281 (personal best), 6th: sophomore Shamaya Landor with a score of 279 (personal best), and 8th: sophomore Ria Kamalraj with a score of 272.
    • The best possible archery score for an individual is 300
  • Varsity Boys Swim took 1st place at Tisca North Zone Invitational.