Eagle Brief: Dec. 4 – 10

During+the+PHS+volleyball+game+against+Rockhill%2C+head+coach+Ashlee+McCormick+directs+a+player.+She+was+named+Dallas-+Forth-Worth+All-Area+Coach+of+the+Year.+She+won+this+award+alongside+her+player+and+senior+Ayden+Ames+who+was+named+DFW+All-Area+MVP+of+the+Year.+
Riley McConnell
During the PHS volleyball game against Rockhill, head coach Ashlee McCormick directs a player. She was named Dallas- Forth-Worth All-Area Coach of the Year. She won this award alongside her player and senior Ayden Ames who was named DFW All-Area MVP of the Year.

Eagle Update & Resources

Upcoming

• Honors and AP class level down forms are in the upper and lower house. Electives and teachers cannot be changed.
  • Don’t forget to order cap and gowns for seniors on Jostens.
  • Pick up Angel Tree ornaments off the Christmas tree on the Peagle to buy donations for the holidays.
  • Prosper Career Independent Study will host the Winter Showcase in PHS cafeteria from 6-8 p.m. Stop in and listen to the students present their career research.
  • The Winter Choir Concert will be hosted in the auditorium on Friday, Dec. 8 at 6:30 p.m.
  • STEMMA meeting in room #2247 after school on Dec. 4 and 6. STEM mentoring association. A club filled with helping elementary kids nurture their passion for STEM, developing valuable life skills, and collaborating with others.
  • Rice MUN conference sign-ups end Dec. 31. Check MUN Google Classroom for registration information.
  • Build to Give will be on Dec. 4 and 5. Come to The Nest and build a LEGO heart on the LEGO wall! For each heart built and shared, a LEGO set will be donated to a child in need of play this holiday. It is also a competition between high schools! Let’s win!

Sports schedules

Monday, Dec. 4– No events. 

Tuesday, Dec. 5

5 p.m. JV Girls Basketball vs. McKinney North (PHS Arena)

5 p.m. 9th A Girls Basketball vs. McKinney North (PHS Auxillary Gym #1 )

6:30 p.m. Varsity Girls Basketball vs. McKinney North (PHS Arena)

Wednesday, Dec. 6

6 p.m. JV and Varsity Boys and Girls Swim and Dive vs. Plano East, Rockhill (PISD Natatorium)

6 p.m. JV Boys and Girls Wrestling vs. Irving Nimitz & Grand Prairie (PHS Arena)

6 p.m. Varsity Boys and Girls Wrestling vs. Irving Nimitz & Grand Prairie (PHS Arena)

Thursday, Dec. 7

7:45 p.m. JV Boys Basketball @ Plano (McKinney High School)

Friday, Dec. 8

11 a.m. JV and Varsity Girls Wrestling @ Texas Women’s Classic

4:15 JV2 Boys Soccer @ Hebron

5 p.m. 9th White Boys Basketball vs. Plano West (PHS Arena)

5 p.m. JV Girls Basketball @ Lone Star

5 p.m. 9th A Girls Basketball @ Lone Star

5:15 p.m. JV Boys Basketball @ TBA (McKinney High School)

5:45 p.m. JV Boys Soccer @ Hebron

5:45 p.m. JV Girls Soccer vs. Celina (PHS Track and Field)

6:15 p.m. 9th Green Boys Basketball vs. Plano West (PHS Arena)

6:30 Varsity Girls Basketball @ Lone Star

7:30 p.m. Varsity Boys Basketball vs. Plano West Senior High (PHS Arena)

7:30 p.m. Varsity Boys Soccer @ Hebron

7:30 p.m. Varsity Girls Soccer vs. Celina (PHS Track and Field)

Saturday, Dec. 9

TBA JV Boys Basketball @ TBA (McKinney High School)

9 a.m. Varsity Girls Wrestling @ Texas Women’s Classic

9 a.m. Varsity Boys Wrestling @ Dripping Springs Dual Tournament

Sunday, Dec. 10 – No events.

Uplifting

• The PHS Debate team hosted a successful PHS, RHHS and WGHS Swing tournament at WGHS this past weekend.
  • The PHS Volleyball head coach Ashlee McCormick received the DFW All-Area Coach of the Year.
  • Congratulations to Ayden Ames on receiving the DFW All-Area MVP of the Year.