Eagle Brief Aug. 21-25

Upcoming events
Introducing+himself%2C+announcer+Eric+Manto++opens+Meet+the+Eagles.+Manto+is+the+announcer+for+PISD+games+and+events+at+the+Childrens+Health+Stadium.+This+week+will+be+the+first+football+game+against+Euless+Trinity.+
Kaya Miller
Introducing himself, announcer Eric Manto opens “Meet the Eagles.” Manto is the announcer for PISD games and events at the Children’s Health Stadium. This week will be the first football game against Euless Trinity.

Eagle Update & Resources

• To view the calendar of scheduled sporting events, click the high school athletics calendar here.
  • To view PISD events, the district-wide calendar is linked here.
  • To view the 2023-2024 academic calendar, click here.
  • To view this week’s PISD express information, click here.
  • If you would like to level down from an AP or Honors course, you will need to wait until the end of the six weeks marking period. A form will be available for you to fill out at that time.
  • As a reminder, there are no elective changes. The only changes that can be made at this time are schedule corrections.

Upcoming

• Staff for grades ninth-11th will have picture day Aug. 28

Buy your garters and mums for homecoming and support the Eagle Tennis Team. Please see flyer for all information! Deadline to order is August 24th!
  • An informational meeting for a student art trip to New York will be held Aug. 24 at 6 p.m. Email: vcdelaney@prosper-isd.net for more information.
  • First FCA meeting in the LGI on Tuesday, Aug. 22. Email cklatiolais@prosper-isd.net with questions.
  • The Prosper Eagles Competitive Shooting Team will hold its annual meeting for current and prospective members and their families on Tuesday, Aug. 29 at 6:30 p.m. in the Prosper High School LGI. If you are interested in continuing or becoming part of the club, please be sure to attend. If you have questions about the club, please see Mr. Atkinson or Mr. Craft.
  • The first DECA meetings will be Monday-Wednesday, Aug. 21-23 in room 1245 before school and in the LGI after school. DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools and colleges around the globe. Come meet the officers, gather information or join.
  • Interested in filming football? Email bcsmith@prosper-isd.net if you are interested and are a freshman or sophomore. Benefits include traveling with the team, team-issued gear, free food, access to technology such as drones, access to graphic design, social media and HUDL.

SkillsUSA will have their first meeting on Monday, Aug. 28 at the Walnut Grove HS LGI from 5-6 p.m. Students will need to arrange their own transportation. If you have any questions see Ms. Riley in The Nest.
  • The Prosper Engineering Team will host an informational meeting Aug. 22 at 6 p.m. at the Walnut Grove High School LGI. They will be hosting tryouts for their nationally competitive Prosper Drone Team, the AeroTalons, on Aug. 29 at 5:30 p.m. at the Walnut Grove High School LGI. In addition to drone team information, they will provide an application and information about the tryout process. Almost every career path is represented, from business/marketing to video production to art! They are looking for students with technical and non-technical interests. The Prosper Engineering Team also has the technical teams for Pilot, Fabrication, Electronics, Programming and Mechanical. Competitive Intelligence is one of our strongest capabilities and the team wants to build upon the fantastic success they experienced this year. They are seeking students that will be the key to the success of the team in leadership, spirit of volunteerism and community, while learning technical and non-technical skills. Email Stephanie Riley sdriley@prosper-isd.net for more information.

Interested in becoming part of the football film crew and are a freshman or sophomore? Email @bcsmith@prosper-isd.net if you’re were interested. Benefits include traveling with the team, team issued gear, Free food, Access to technology such as drones, access to graphic design, social media, and HUDL.

Sports schedules

Monday, Aug. 21 – No events

Tuesday, Aug. 22

4:30 p.m. Varsity Girls Tennis vs. Denton Guyer (home)

4:30 p.m. Varsity Boys Tennis vs. Denton Guyer (home)

5:30 p.m. JV & ninth-A Girls Volleyball vs. Decatur (home)

6:30 p.m. Varsity & ninth-B Girls Volleyball vs. Decatur (home)

Wednesday, Aug. 23 – No events

Thursday, Aug, 24

TBA Girls Volleyball @ Leander ISD Tournament

8 a.m. Varsity Girls Waterpolo vs Prosper Tournament (home)

4 p.m. 9th White Football vs. Eaton HS (home – PHS turf and track)

5:30 p.m. 9th Green Football vs. Euless Trinity (home – PHS turf and track)

5:30 p.m. JV White Football @ Euless Trinity

7 p.m. JV Green Football @ Euless Trinity

7 p.m. 9th Black Football vs. Euless Trinity (home – PHS turf and track)

Are you dreaming of becoming a model? This is your chance to make it happen. PHS fashion design 2 students are looking for models for their spring fashion show. We welcome every race, color, gender and body type to apply.

Friday, Aug. 25

8 a.m. Varsity Waterpolo Boys vs. Prosper Tournament (home)

7 p.m. Varsity Football vs. Euless Trinity (home – Children’s Health Stadium)

Saturday, Aug. 26

TBA Varsity Volleyball @ Leander ISD Tournament

TBA 9th Volleyball @ Texas Classic Tournament

TBA Boys and Girls Cross Country @ Southlake XC #1 Invite

8 a.m. Varsity Waterpolo Girls vs Prosper Tournament (home)

8 a.m. Varsity Waterpolo Boys vs Prosper Tournament (home)

Sunday, Aug. 27 – No events

Uplifting

• Homecoming nominees were announced:
  • Senior Princess: Alexis Kirksey, Margaret Manning, Brianna Marler, Pendo Njoroge, and Hannah Stephens
  • Senior Prince: Davis Perkins, Terrence Jones, Parker Browning, and Max Rogers
  • Junior Court: Gabriella Fellman and Drew Bergeron
  • Sophomore Court: Khyla Glover and Nathanael Crabtree

The application deadline for Prosper Young Ladies is Sept. 1.
  • Freshmen Court: Grace Hargis and Preston Aguam
  • Senior prince and princess will be announced before the homecoming game at Children’s Health Stadium on Sept. 1 at 7 p.m.
  • Congratulations to several Eagle Production Group students who got their films accepted to the Gold Coast International Film Festival Young Filmmaker Program in Long Island, New York! But even more exciting, is a documentary called “Do What You Love”, which  Zack Lindqvist made last year. The film was even pushed up to the full film festival! That means his high school film will be screened and judged alongside professional documentary filmmakers from all over the world. Good luck Zack and the other filmmakers with selections in the youth film festival!
  • The Prosper FFA Advisors are proud to announce that THE Prosper FFA received the prestigious Gold Emblem rating at the 95th annual Texas FFA State Convention held July 10-14. We are very proud of our members and all of the hard work they put into seeing their chapter succeed.