Eagle Brief: Oct. 23 – 29

Holding+up+a+five%2C+the+trumpet+section+of+the+band+celebrates+getting+fifth+place+at+UIL+Area+C.+The+top+six+competing+bands+advance+to+state.+PHS+Band+has+not+qualified+for+the+UIL+State+competition+since+2018.+
Kaya Miller
Holding up a five, the trumpet section of the band celebrates getting fifth place at UIL Area C. The top six competing bands advance to state. PHS Band has not qualified for the UIL State competition since 2018.

Eagle Update & Resources

Upcoming

• All 9th, 10th and 11th graders will be taking the PSAT on Oct. 24. The PSAT is digital for the first time ever this year, and everyone will need to bring their school devices on testing day. Seniors have late arrival and a senior meeting at 12:15 p.m.
  • Nov. 11 is the deadline for parents to submit Senior Recognition Ads for the yearbook. Click here to submit.
  • Students who are 16 years old (with a permission slip) or 17 and up can donate at the Blood Drive on Nov. 27.

Sports schedules

This is a national non-profit organization. Students help raise funds and awareness to combat domestic abuse.

Monday, Oct 23

9 a.m. Varsity Girls UIL Region 1 Cross Country Championships (Mae Simmons Park)

9:30 a.m. Varsity Boys UIL Region 1 Cross Country Championships (Mae Simmons Park)

Tuesday, Oct. 24

Each pint saves collected saves three lives. Seniors will receive a donation cord for graduation if they are able to donate two times this year. See Mrs. Factor for details.

5:30 p.m. JV Volleyball vs. Mckinney (PHS Arena)

5:30 p.m. 9th A Volleyball vs. Mckinney (PHS Auxillary Gym #1)

6:30 p.m. Varsity Volleyball vs. McKinney (PHS Arena)

6:30 p.m. 9th B Volleyball vs. Mckinney (PHS Auxillary Gym #1)

Wednesday, Oct. 25 – No events.

Thursday, Oct. 26

8 a.m. Varsity II Girls Golf @Plano ISD Tournament

Friday, Oct. 27

8 a.m. Varsity Girls Golf @ Dragon 4-Ball

6 p.m. Varsity Volleyball @ Wakeland

Saturday, Oct. 28

Sunday, Oct. 29 – No events.

Uplifting

• PHS the Talon won a platinum statue.
  • The PHS Band qualified for UIL State.