Eagle Brief: April 11 – 15

PTO holds elections, lacrosse to raise donations in game

Sitting+center+stage%2C+junior+Dylan+Korash%2C+who+plays+Jesus%2C+starts+to+tell+a+story+from+the+Bible.+Theatre+is+performing+their+play%2C+Godspell+Friday%2C+April+8+and+Satuday%2C+April+9+at+6%3A30+p.m..+Its+a+retelling+of+the+Gospel+of+Matthew+in+a+modern+setting.+

Rusty Joe Gonzales

Sitting center stage, junior Dylan Korash, who plays Jesus, starts to tell a story from the Bible. Theatre is performing their play, “Godspell” Friday, April 8 and Satuday, April 9 at 6:30 p.m.. It’s a retelling of the Gospel of Matthew in a modern setting.

Amanda Hare and Alyssa Clark

A graphic advertises the Boys vs. Girls Dedication Game. The lacrosse teams will host this game Friday, April 15, at 6 p.m. at the Children’s Health Stadium. The game will raise money for One Love to promote healthy relationships. (Photo Courtesy of Prosper Lacrosse)

Eagle Update

Upcoming

• The district will hold their first annual fire truck pull on April 9, starting at 9 a.m. for check in, at the Children’s Health Stadium to help raise money for the Prosper Special Olympics. Teams of 10 can register for $100, and individuals can register for $10.
  • The Parent Teacher Organization will hold elections for the PTO board in the next coming weeks. The nominations for the elections were finalized March 28, and all eligible PTO members will be able to vote April 11 to 15, and voting results will be announced April 22.
  • Varsity tennis will compete in the regional tournament away Tuesday and Wednesday, April 12 and 13.
  • Varsity track will compete in the district championship away Tuesday and Wednesday, April 12 and 13.
  • Varsity baseball will play Denton Braswell away Tuesday, April 12, at 7:30 p.m.
  • Varsity softball will play Denton Braswell home Thursday, April 14, at 7 p.m.
  • Varsity baseball will play Denton Braswell home Thursday, April 14, at 7:30 p.m.
  • Relay for Life will take place April 22, from 5 to 1o p.m. at the school track. For anyone battling cancer, or knows a caregiver that is helping someone beat cancer, they can fill out this form to be honored at the event.
  • The Prosper Education Foundation has set aside funds for students in AP, Dual Credit and CTE courses. AP students can apply to have their test fees paid for by using this form. Dual Credit students can apply to have their Fall 2022 tuition paid for using this form. These two applications are due May 1 by midnight. For students taking a second industry based certification, students may talk to their CTE teachers for scholarship reimbursement.
  • Juniors and seniors can buy their prom tickets here, and the deadline for tickets is May 2. Prom will be May 7. Anyone bringing a non-PHS student must fill out this form before buying the tickets.

Uplifting

The week of April 4 though 8 is National Assistant Principal Week.