Clubs to showcase programs at EXPO night

Lisa Roskens

Students can get a glimpse into the various clubs and classes offered at Expo Night Monday, Jan. 15 from 6 to 8 p.m. Programs at both Prosper and Rock Hill will be on display. “Expo Night allows students to showcase the skills they’ve learned in class,” senior Morgan Harris said. “They also get to interact with and inspire younger students to pursue their interests.”

Isabella Abraham, Feature/Copy Editor

Students can get a glimpse into the various clubs and classes offered at Expo Night Monday, Jan. 13,  from 6 to 8 p.m. Programs at both Prosper and Rock Hill will be on display.

“(Students) need to go to Expo Night because then students get to see all the things that are offered here, as well as Rock Hill because we will have a lot of similar programs,” Principal John Burdett said. “Then, they can match their interests to something that we do.”

The school will also host two informational sessions for eighth-grade parents on high school graduation requirements in the auditorium, one from 6-7 p.m. and the second from 7-8 p.m. The presentation is available online.

“I look forward to coming to EXPO night to see what I can get involved with when I start high school at Rockhill this fall,” eighth grader Jacie Ross said. “My parents are going to the meeting too, so we will know what classes I need to take.”

Club sponsors, coaches, teachers, and current students will answer students’ and parents’ questions.

“We have awesome students who will also be there to talk,” Burdett said. “Teachers will be there, sponsors will be there, but we are going to have students to talk to the eighth graders coming in. Mr. Toth and I will be here. The counselors will be here, and we’ll talk with the parents.”

Extracurriculars and special programs will set up booths in the cafeteria and main hallway with informational pamphlets and interactive activities to catch attendees’ attentions.

“Expo Night allows students to showcase the skills they’ve learned in class,” senior Morgan Harris said. “They also get to interact with and inspire younger students to pursue their interests.”

Course selection for current 8th-11th graders will open after the exposition.

“It’s kind of a buffet,” Burdett said. “If there is nothing there that interests you, let us know, and we’ll find something. I think it’s that important because then you start getting connected to your interests, and you start pursuing your passion. That’s what I love about it.”

Article was updated on Jan. 14 for factual corrections and a new photograph.