Interact club makes blankets for local animal shelter

Interact Club President Chloe Connelly's puppy sits atop the stack of blankets club members made Friday, Feb. 15.  Group members plan to give the blankets for animals at the local Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals organization.

Chloe Connelly

Interact Club President Chloe Connelly's puppy sits atop the stack of blankets club members made Friday, Feb. 15. Group members plan to give the blankets for animals at the local Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals organization. "Interact Club is a group dedicated and willing to serve the community," member Bailey Foster said. "Our service to animals not only helps them receive the care they need but ultimately find care for life."

Isabella Abraham, Copy Editor

The Interact Club made homemade blankets for animals at the local Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Friday, Feb. 15. Members brought blanket materials and other supplies to President Chloe Connelly’s house from 4:30-6:30 p.m. 

Interact Club is a group dedicated and willing to serve the community,” member Bailey Foster said. “Our service to animals not only helps them receive the care they need but ultimately find care for life. My favorite part about serving animals is knowing that our service is going to make an impact for them.”

The dogs will hopefully enjoy the blankets and feel loved, but I think it will also help them be adopted. When people see their blankets, it shows that people are invested in these animals, so they should be too.”

— Kaylie Moss

The club will take a trip to the McKinney SPCA to drop off the blankets, take a tour and also bring supplies from a previous animal drive.

“Places like SPCA have tons of animals to care for and often not enough resources to go around,” Interact Club Vice President Kaylie Moss said. “So by making these dog blankets, they will be able to use their money elsewhere.”

In total, the club made more than 10 blankets in one session.

“The dogs will hopefully enjoy the blankets and feel loved, but I think it will also help them be adopted,” Moss said. “When people see their blankets, it shows that people are invested in these animals, so they should be too.”

Connelly said although Interact Club participates in various service projects around the local community, members have a special connection to animal-related activities.

I think it’s important for Interact because even though we do other types of community service for people, animals need service as well,” Connelly said. “There’s a lot of animals in our community that don’t have homes, and if we can do something to help them get adopted, I think that’s really important.”

To state up-to-date on Prosper High news and views, follow Eagle Nation Online, @ENO_PHS, on both Twitter and Instagram.

Isabella Abraham, Copy Editor

Isabella Abraham is the Copy Editor and Editorial Board member for Eagle Nation Online. As a junior, this is her second year on the staff. She discovered...