StuCo kicks off December with movies, popcorn, angels, memories

The+student+council+said+students+should+arrive+at+the+MPF+Dec.+1+at+6%3A30+p.m.+to+watch+The+Santa+Clause+because+they+say+it+will+be+an+enjoyable+way+to+contribute+to+Angel+Tree%2C+a%C2%A0+charity+that+gives+to+children+in+need+for+the+holiday+season.+Students+will+begin+filling+this+space+in+the+Multi-Purpose+Facility%2C+translation+MPF%2C++starting+at+6%3A30+p.m.+on+Dec+1+to+watch+The+Santa+Clause.+This+event%2C+organized+by+the+student+council+sets+a+purpose+stage+for+getting+students+together+before+the+holidays.+Students+should+look+forward+to+this+event%2C+student+council+executive+president+Madi+Whitmire+said.+It+will+be+a+fun+time+to+hang+out+with+friends%2C+drink+some+hot+chocolate%2C+and+get+into+the+festive+spirit.+

Kester Muthalaly

The student council said students should arrive at the MPF Dec. 1 at 6:30 p.m. to watch “The Santa Clause” because they say it will be an enjoyable way to contribute to Angel Tree, a  charity that gives to children in need for the holiday season. Students will begin filling this space in the Multi-Purpose Facility, translation MPF, starting at 6:30 p.m. on Dec 1 to watch “The Santa Clause.” This event, organized by the student council sets a purpose stage for getting students together before the holidays. “Students should look forward to this event,” student council executive president Madi Whitmire said. “It will be a fun time to hang out with friends, drink some hot chocolate, and get into the festive spirit.”

Maddie Moats, Reporter

The student council will be host to a movie night in the MPF Dec. 1, exclusively for Prosper students. Doors open at 6:30 p.m., and the movie begins at 7 p.m. Admission is free, and snacks will be available for purchase. Proceeds from those sales will help fund Cornerstone Christmas activities this season in the community.

This screening of the movie “The Santa Clause” is to bring students together for the start of the holiday season. Student Council executive president Madi Whitmire recommended students bring their blankets, lawn chairs, and, last but not least, their “festive spirits.”

“StuCo organized this event because we thought it would be a really fun way to kick off December,” Whitmire said. “Half of the concession’s proceeds will go towards our funds for Angel Tree. ”

‘The Santa Clause’ will take spotlight

Movie night is free and open only to students who attend PHS. Visitors are not permitted.

“Students may bring water, but no outside food is allowed inside,” Whitmire said. “Concessions will be available for purchase. We will be selling popcorn and hot chocolate.”

The student council chose the movie “The Santa Clause” for the event. The movie stars Tim Allen, whose character must take on the role of Santa Clause in an unexpected series of events.

“Bring lawn chairs and blankets,” Whitmire said. “The movie will be shown on the indoor practice field, so anything to make it comfortable and fun is encouraged.”

Goals include these: help Angel Tree, ‘de-stress’ students

Students said they look forward to this event to end the year with memories with friends.

“I think this will be a fun way for students to de-stress,” sophomore Marissa Manning said. “And, have a good time together for the holidays.”

This movie night will not represent the typical event held in the MPF, which usually hosts sporting events.

“I don’t think we have really done anything like this at Prosper, so it would be interesting to go and see what it’s like,” sophomore Sarah Purcell said. “Plus, it should be fun for students.”

The student council said students should arrive at the MPF Dec. 1 at 6:30 p.m. to watch “The Santa Clause” because they say it will be an enjoyable way to contribute to Angel Tree, a  charity that gives to children in need for the holiday season.

“Students should look forward to this event,” Whitmire said. “It will be a fun time to hang out with friends, drink some hot chocolate and get into the festive spirit.”