Students come together
to stuff the bus

Kester Muthalaly

The “Stuff the Bus” effort begins Nov. 5 and ends Nov. 8. Students can bring nonperishable goods to aid those in need. “People should donate because they want to help out and impact their community in a positive way,” student council leader and coach Tony Cooper said. “This is an opportunity to create positive change.”

Maddie Moats, Reporter

The annual “Stuff the Bus” food drive is accepting donations Nov. 5 through Nov. 8. Students are asked to bring non-perishable goods to their seventh-period class to donate to Bethlehem Place and Grace Bridge Food Pantry.

To help those in need and bring the community together, students can donate goods such as toilet paper, deodorant, bar soap, shampoo and conditioner. Elementary and middle schools also will contribute to food donations to ensure a wide variety of items.

“People should donate because they want to help out and impact their community in a positive way,” student council leader and coach Tony Cooper said. “This is an opportunity to create positive change.”

To spur participation, the seventh-period class with the most donations will win a pizza party.

“Most of the students forgot about it or didn’t know about it,” science/math teacher Larry Roskens said about the donations that came into his and Scott Cronin’s seventh-period statistics class. “But they seemed excited and promised to bring stuff on Thursday.”