Students come together
to stuff the bus

Students come together
to stuff the bus

The

The "Stuff the Bus" effort begins Nov. 5 and ends Nov. 8. Students can bring nonperishable goods to aid those in need. "People should donate because they want to help out and impact their community in a positive way," student council leader and coach Tony Cooper said. "This is an opportunity to create positive change."

Kester Muthalaly

Kester Muthalaly

Kester Muthalaly

Maddie Moats, Reporter

The annual “Stuff the Bus” food drive is accepting donations Nov. 5 through Nov. 8. Students are asked to bring non-perishable goods to their seventh-period class to donate to Bethlehem Place and Grace Bridge Food Pantry.

To help those in need and bring the community together, students can donate goods such as toilet paper, deodorant, bar soap, shampoo and conditioner. Elementary and middle schools also will contribute to food donations to ensure a wide variety of items.

“People should donate because they want to help out and impact their community in a positive way,” student council leader and coach Tony Cooper said. “This is an opportunity to create positive change.”

To spur participation, the seventh-period class with the most donations will win a pizza party.

“Most of the students forgot about it or didn’t know about it,” science/math teacher Larry Roskens said about the donations that came into his and Scott Cronin’s seventh-period statistics class. “But they seemed excited and promised to bring stuff on Thursday.”

About the Contributors
Maddie Moats, Reporter

Maddie Moats was born in Akron, Ohio, and she moved to Prosper in 2012. She is currently a sophomore and lives with her mom, dad and beloved dogs, Brutus...

Kester Muthalaly, Photography Editor

Kester Muthalaly is senior at Prosper High School. He lives with his mom and dad, while his brother attends Oral Roberts University where Kester will soon...