Eagle Brief April 27 – May 4

Nora Vedder

As the hallway fills with students, multiple extracurricular groups are sent off to state and national level competitions. The send off on Monday, April 24 featured archery, students competing at state for VASE, FFA teams, and extracurricular athletics teams. Percussion students led the sendoff.

Eagle Update & Resources

We are excited to host a dodgeball tournament after school at 4:30 p.m. on May 3 in Gym #1! Please see the attached flyer for more details. Quick Info: Teams of six with one team captain. $15/team (CASH ONLY) to play. The team captain is responsible for turning in the team’s money to the Upper House. There is a 24 team cap – the first 24 teams to sign up and bring their money to the Upper House will be accepted into the tournament.

Upcoming

• Come by the upper house on any Tuesday this May, before or after school, to fill out a lime green ribbon and give a shout out to your Mental Health Champion. A champion can be anyone or anything that has helped you or supported your mental health this year. Ribbons will be displayed throughout May outside the upper house.
  • The PHS Spring Blood Drive will take place May 3 in Gym 1. There is a sign up table by the cafeteria during lunches, but students can also sign up directly via the QR code on the flyers that are hanging around the school. Must be 16+ years old to donate. 16 year olds must have a signed permission form before they can sign up. They can get the form from the table or from Ms. Pritchard in 3101.
  • The Junior/Senior Prom will be on Saturday, May 6 from 7 p.m. – 11 p.m. at The Marriott at Legacy Town Center.
  • May 3 is the deadline for the “Reversing the slide” program, which allows graduating seniors up to six credit hours (about two classes) for free this summer. Apply to Collin if you haven’t already (not necessary for current dual credit students) clear all holds and complete pre-registration steps.
  • Prosper Guard auditions will take place on April 24-27 at 4:30 p.m. in Gym 1.
  • All Prosper ISD high school students have free access to national test preparation through Edgenuity. The following courses can be accessed once logged into the student’s PISD account: PSAT, SAT, ACT, and TSIA2.
  • The Prosper ISD School Board election will be held May 6.
  • May is Mental Health Awareness Month.
  • We are excited to host a dodgeball tournament after school @ 4:30 p.m. on May 3 in Gym 1! Please see the attached flyer for more details.
  • The Anime Club will be hosting their Anime Opening Showdown in Middleton’s room in the Learning Cottage 3201, after school on May 4, from 4:15-4:50 p.m.

Sports schedules

Thursday, April 27: No events.

Friday, April 28
8 a.m. Varsity Girls Track vs. Region 1-6A
9 a.m. Varsity Boys Track vs. Region 1-6A
4:30 p.m. JV Green Baseball vs. McKinney
6 p.m. JV White Baseball vs. McKinney
7:30 p.m. Varsity Baseball vs. McKinney

Saturday, April 29

Sunday, April 30 – Thursday, May 4: No events.

Uplifting

The following art students will compete at the state level on Saturday, April 29 in San Marcos, TX: Avery Canuteson, Gray Haviland, Miriam Kassem, Cal Kindiger, Kiera Payne, Linda Thai, Anna Wren, Kamila Cudzich, Carolina Miao, Leah Muhia, Evelyn Paolo, Elisa Arbaiza and Marina Wassef.

Freshman Matteo Mejia and sophomore Nicole Steel competed in the UIL State Tennis Tournament this past week and finished 3rd in the state in 6A. Matteo and Nicole were district champions this year, 2nd in the region and 3rd in the state.