News Brief: Prom, senior activities approach

Christi Norris

A digitally constructed image using Canva shows the Class of 2021 graduates at their graduation ceremony. This year, graduation is set to occur Wednesday, May 25. It will occur at The Star. (Photo by Christi Norris, Digitally Constructed Image by Amanda Hare)

Amanda Hare, Executive Editor-in-Chief

A flyer advertises this year’s prom. The prom theme is “Old Hollywood.” Prom will occur Saturday, May 7. (Photo Courtesy of Student Council)

With less than 30 days until the last day of school, prom, graduation and senior week approach. Senior week will occur Thursday, May 19 to Wednesday, May 25.

After changing venues since last year, prom will occur Saturday, May 7, at 7 p.m. at the Marriott in Frisco. Prom is open for both juniors and seniors, and tickets cost $75. Students can purchase prom tickets here until Monday, May 2. Students bringing a non-PHS date, must fill out this form before buying tickets.

The Top 10% banquet will occur Thursday, May 5, at 6:30 p.m. The school sent qualifying students invitations for the event.

Students must fill out this form by May 1 to choose their elementary school for the Elementary School Walk.

Seniors will have Senior Day at Andretti’s in the Colony. They must provide their own transportation. If they’d like to be bused to the event, they must fill out this form by May 2.

Seniors can send in senior quotes to display in the hallway, and must submit their quote to this form by May 1 to participate.

Senior’s school emails will close May 27. Seniors won’t be able to participate in senior week until their fines and holds are cleared. They must return Chromebooks and chargers to the technology department from May 11 to May 18.

Graduation will occur at The STAR in Frisco Wednesday, May 25, at 7 p.m. Students must arrive to the school at 4 p.m. to be bused to graduation. Parents and guests can’t reserve tickets, and they are on a first-come first-serve basis. Seniors will not be bused back to the school. Graduation practice will occur Tuesday, May 24 at 1:30 p.m. in the gym, and is required. If students do not attend practice, they will not be able to walk across the stage at graduation.

Senior Week

Thursday, May 19

• 7:30 a.m. – 9 a.m.: K-12 Cord Ceremony – This event is only for seniors who have been in the district since kindergarten. Seniors will get an email if this applies to them.
  • 9:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.: Field Day

Friday, May 20

• 8:45 a.m. – 11 a.m.: Elementary Senior Walk
  • 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.: Powder Puff Finals
  • 11 p.m. – 5 a.m.: Graduation Celebration

Monday, May 23

• 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.: Senior Day at Andretti’s in the Colony

Tuesday, May 24

• 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.: Senior Breakfast
  • 11:15 a.m.: Senior Walk
  • 11:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.: Senior Pep Rally
  • 12 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.: Senior Lunch
  • 1:30 p.m. – 3 p.m.: Graduation Practice

Wednesday, May 25

• 4:30 p.m.: Students arrive at arena
  • 7:00 p.m.: Graduation

Click here for the senior slideshow featuring more links and information.