• May 25Eagle Nation Online will return to full, daily publishing in August with start of upcoming fall semester

Eagle Sports Roundup: Jan. 27 – Feb. 3

Golf, tennis, soccer, basketball, wrestling, more keep competing

After+the+meet%2C+the+girls+powerlifting+team+celebrates+their+accomplishments.+A+total+of+12+school+records+were+broken.+Their+next+meet+is+Thursday%2C+Jan.+27%2C+at+Frisco+Wakeland.++

Prosper Powerlifitng

After the meet, the girls powerlifting team celebrates their accomplishments. A total of 12 school records were broken. Their next meet is Thursday, Jan. 27, at Frisco Wakeland.

Reading Time: 3 minutes

To view the calendar of scheduled sporting events, click the high school athletics calendar here.

Scores, rosters and schedules are being updated here

Upcoming

• Varsity girls golf will compete in the Vanessa Close Invitational away at Bridlewood Golf Club, Friday, Jan. 28, at 8 a.m., and Saturday, Jan. 29, at 8 a.m.
  • Varsity tennis will compete in the Denton Guyer Tournament away at Denton Guyer High School, Friday, Jan. 28, at 8 a.m.
  • Varsity boys soccer will play against Denton Guyer, home, Friday, Jan. 28, at 7:30 p.m.
  • Varsity girls soccer will play against Denton Guyer away at Denton Guyer High School, Friday, Jan. 28, at 7:30 p.m.
  • Varsity softball will play against Waxahachie, Saturday, Jan. 29 at noon and Forney at 2 p.m. Both games are to be played at Forney High School.
  • Varsity softball will play against Keller at home, Monday, Jan. 31 at 4:30 p.m. and Rockwall Heath at 7:30 p.m.
  • Varsity girls basketball will play against Denton Braswell at home, Tuesday, Feb. 1, at 6:15 p.m.
  • Varsity boys basketball will compete against Denton Braswell at home, Tuesday Feb. 1, at 7:30 p.m.
  • Varsity girls soccer will play against McKinney at home, Tuesday, Feb. 1, at 7:30 p.m.
  • Varsity boys soccer will play against McKinney away at McKinney High School, Tuesday, Feb. 1, at 7:30 p.m.
  • Varsity boys and girls’ wrestling is going to compete in the District 6-6A Championship away at Wylie High School, Wednesday, Feb. 2 at 10 a.m.
  • Girls powerlifting is competing in a Tri-Meet away at Little Elm High School, Wednesday, Feb. 2, at 4 p.m.
  • Girls lacrosse will compete in the Aggieland Classic Tournament away at Penberthy Athletic Complex, Saturday, Jan. 29, and Sunday, Jan. 30.

Scores from Jan. 20 – 27

The previous edition of Eagle Sports Roundup can be found here.

• The cheerleaders competed in the National Cheerleaders Association competition in Dallas in the advanced large division for the first time and earned fifth place.
  • Varsity swim and dive competed in the District 7, 6A Dive, away at the Denton ISD Natatorium, Thursday, Jan. 20, where multiple students placed.
  • Girls powerlifting hosted an invitational at home, Saturday, Jan. 22, and placed fourth as a team.
  • Boys powerlifting hosted an invitational at home, Thursday, Jan. 20, and placed first as a team.
  • Varsity girls soccer won against Grapevine away at Mustang-Panther Stadium, Friday, Jan. 21, 4-1.
  • Varsity boys basketball lost to Denton Guyer at home, Friday, Jan. 21, 60-54.
  • Varsity girls basketball won against McKinney away at McKinney High School, Tuesday, Jan. 25, 52-48.
  • Varsity boys soccer won against Little Elm away at Little Elm Athletic Complex, Tuesday, Jan. 25, 5-1.
  • Varsity girls soccer won against Little Elm home, Tuesday, Jan. 25, 5-0.
After the meet, the boys’ powerlifting team celebrate their accomplishments. A total of 16 school records were broken. Their next meet is Thursday, Feb. 3, at Little Elm. (Prosper Powerlifting)

Highlights

• The girls powerlifting broke 12 school records at their meet.
  • The boys powerlifting broke 16 school records at their meet.
  • Varsity football had its end-of-season banquet, Monday, Jan. 24.
  • Senior football player Tyler Bailey committed to Sam Houston State to continue his football career.
  • Swimmer Jacob Wimberly was the District 7-6A Swimmer of the Meet, Thursday, Jan. 20. All results can be found on the team’s Twitter page.

Tweets