“Wheel” in a date for Sadie Hawkins next Saturday

Neha Madhira, Assistant Editor

Update: Not enough tickets were purchased, so the dance has been cancelled. Students who purchased tickets can get refunds in the library next week.

The “Stranger Things” Sadie Hawkins Dance is at the high school Saturday, March 3 from 8:00 to 11:00 p.m. Seniors Riley and Reese Ranzer decided to bring the dance back after finding out it wasn’t happening this year. 

“The dance was, and still is, heavily debated,” Riley said. “In the previous years, it did not do as well as the school had hoped it would, leading to this year’s decrease in the motivation to attend from the student body.”

Riley also said that she loves the idea of the dance which is why she is encouraging everyone she knows to go.

“It’s a great way to hang out with friends or ask that guy you like to go with you,” Riley said. “You can also just go to experience it if you’ve never been.”

The optional dress code for the dance is “Casual 80s.”

“This includes mom jeans, scrunchies, jean jackets, windbreakers, and high-waisted jeans,” Riley said. “If you don’t want to dress up, you can feel free to come in a dress code-worthy outfit and still have fun.”

Riley said that the theme was chosen because of how almost everyone is aware of the show and can also be categorized easier when it comes to dressing up and music selection. Tickets are on sale for $15 until Feb 23.

“We are expecting to have an ‘All-you-can-eat’ waffle bar, 80s jams, loads of games, and photo opportunities,” Riley said. “A date is not required, so anyone can come and enjoy the night with us.”