Contest seeks to bring
former ‘One Direction’ member, Liam Payne,
to winning school for private concert, Q&A

In a contest held by ‘The Truth’ and ‘Chegg’, Payne will visit the winning school and hold a private Q&A and concert. The winner will also receive a $10,000 grant for the music department. The contest runs from Oct 16 – Nov 13. Participants can enter daily and receive bonus votes by doing daily tasks.

Katie Johnson, Reporter

Former “One Direction” member Liam Payne is partnering with “The Truth” and Chegg in a contest taking place Oct. 16 to Nov. 13.

The purpose of the contest is to promote the leading anti-tobacco ad for teens. “The Truth,” the Federal Drug Administration’s anti-tobacco campaign, spreads awareness about living a tobacco-free life and emphasizes the dangers of tobacco products.

To enter the contest, community members can go to www.chegg.com/music101, enter their personal email, select the high school and press ‘VOTE NOW’. Participants can enter once a day and have additional entries by following daily tasks on the website.

Payne will visit the winning school for a private question-and-answer session and concert. The winning school will also receive the “David B. Goldberg $10,000 Grant” for the school’s music department.

It is not required to be a student or graduate to vote for the high school to win. Anyone over 13 years of age can enter. The winner will be announced Dec. 1.