Contest seeks to bring
former ‘One Direction’ member, Liam Payne,
to winning school for private concert, Q&A

Contest seeks to bring

In a contest held by 'The Truth' and 'Chegg', Payne will visit the winning school and hold a private Q&A and concert. The winner will also receive a $10,000 grant for the music department. The contest runs from Oct 16 - Nov 13. Participants can enter daily and receive bonus votes by doing daily tasks.

Katie Johnson, Reporter

Reading Time: 1 minute

Former “One Direction” member Liam Payne is partnering with “The Truth” and Chegg in a contest taking place Oct. 16 to Nov. 13.

The purpose of the contest is to promote the leading anti-tobacco ad for teens. “The Truth,” the Federal Drug Administration’s anti-tobacco campaign, spreads awareness about living a tobacco-free life and emphasizes the dangers of tobacco products.

To enter the contest, community members can go to www.chegg.com/music101, enter their personal email, select the high school and press ‘VOTE NOW’. Participants can enter once a day and have additional entries by following daily tasks on the website.

Payne will visit the winning school for a private question-and-answer session and concert. The winning school will also receive the “David B. Goldberg $10,000 Grant” for the school’s music department.

It is not required to be a student or graduate to vote for the high school to win. Anyone over 13 years of age can enter. The winner will be announced Dec. 1.