Eagle Brief April 13 – 20

Pictured above from left to right: Scott Platt (mentor), Enrique Elias (mentor), sophomore Ajayharshil Sivachandar, junior Jack Cooksey, sophomore Aaron Milholland, sophomore Jack Demeterio and freshman Taha Nil. Prosper has an Engineering Team that is divided into two “competitions”, being Solar Car and First Robotics Competition (FRC). This year the robotics part of the team was also divided into two: RoboTalons and TechnoTalons. The team is pictured holding the Highest Rookie Seed Award, which is given to the rookie team that was highest ranked at the event.

Eagle Update & Resources

Upcoming

• May 3 is the deadline for the “Reversing the slide” program, which allows graduating seniors up to six credit hours (about two classes) for free this summer. Apply to Collin if you haven’t already (not necessary for current dual credits students) clear all holds and complete pre-registration steps.
  • Click here to view the fine arts newsletter for April.
  • Relay for Life will be held April 21 from 6-10 p.m.
The Musicians Club is an after-school club that takes place every week on Wednesdays in Mrs. Ballard’s room, room 3103.
  • The PHS Anime Club will be meeting in Ms. Middleton’s learning cottage in room 3201 on Thursday, April 13, from 4:15-4:50 p.m. to compete in an anime opening showdown! Come test your knowledge and skills against other worthy opponents.
  • The PHS fashion show will be held in the PHS Auditorium on Tuesday, April 25 from 6-8 p.m.
  • April 14 is Bengali New Year (Bangladesh) and Pathandu (Tamil New Year) and Ambedkar Jayanti (India)
  • April 21-23 is Eid-al-Fitr: The Festival of Fast-breaking
  • April 22: End of Ramadan
  • April 23: Earth Day

Sports schedules

Thursday, April 13 – No events.

Friday, April 14
4:30pm JV Green Baseball vs. Braswell
5pm JV Green Softball vs. Denton Braswell
6pm JV White Baseball vs. Braswell
7pm Varsity Softball vs. Denton Braswell
7:30pm Varsity Baseball vs. Braswell

Saturday, April 15 – No events.

Sunday, April 16 – No events.

Monday, April 17
8 a.m. JV Girls Tennis vs. Prosper JV Tournament (MAKE UP!)
8 a.m. Varsity Girls Golf vs. UIL Region 1 Golf Tournament
4 p.m. JV Boys Tennis vs. Prosper JV Tournament (MAKE UP!)

Tuesday, April 18
4:30 p.m. JV Green Baseball vs. Allen
5 p.m. JV Green Softball vs. Allen
6 p.m. JV White Baseball vs. Allen
7 p.m. Varsity Softball vs. Allen
7:30 p.m. Varsity Baseball vs. Allen

Wednesday, April 19
8 a.m. Varsity I Boys Golf vs. Region 1 Golf Tournament – 4 p.m. Thursday, April 20
5 p.m. JV Silver Baseball vs. Guyer

Thursday, April 20
8 a.m. Varsity I Boys Golf vs. UIL Region 1 Golf Tournament

Uplifting

Michael Factor placed 1st individually in the FFA area Entomology competition held 4/12/23 at Tarleton University. Michael continues to excel in his passion for the science and plans on continuing to pursue this field for his career.

Prosper Theatre

Prosper theatre students rocked at the Prose and Poetry competition last Saturday. Marissa Denman is our District Champ in Prose and Lauren Grammer is our District Champ in Poetry. Also advancing to the regional competition are Austin Rose in Poetry and Tate Lauby in Prose. They will continue their journey on April 22 at the regional competition.

Archery

The PHS archery team has qualified for the NASP Western National Archery Tournament based on their performance at state. The national tournament is on Friday, April 28 in Salt Lake City, Utah.

Prosper choir

Over the past week the Prosper choirs have performed at the 2023 UIL Concert and Sight Reading Contest. They took four groups and each group came away with more hardware for PHS! The Chorale earned a Superior on stage and an Excellent in Sight Reading and the Bel Canto, Lyric, and A Cappella groups each earned a Superior in both stage and sight-reading resulting in a Sweepstakes award and a Superior rating from all six judges.

Prosper band

Please help us congratulate all of the band students that participated in last week’s UIL Band Concert and Sightreading Assessment at Centennial High School. This is the inaugural year that we have sent ALL FOUR performing bands to UIL and the students performed incredibly well! The Concert Band received an excellent rating for their Concert Performance and unanimous Superior ratings for their Sight Reading performance. The Concert Winds received unanimous Superior ratings for their Concert Performance and unanimous Superior ratings for their Sight Reading performance. The Symphonic Band received unanimous Superior ratings for their Concert Performance and unanimous Superior ratings for their Sight Reading performance. The Wind Ensemble received unanimous Superior ratings for their Concert Performance and unanimous Superior ratings for their Sight Reading performance.

Tennis

Matteo Mejia and Nicole Steel got second place at the Regional Tournament and are heading to State.

District Track Results

Team Results:
JV Girls – 1st Place (199 points)
varsity Girls – 2nd Place (153 points)
JV Boys – 1st Place (204 points)
varsity Boys – 2nd Place (107 points)