Eagle Brief Nov. 21 — 27

Riley McConnell

Arms raised, senior Adam Due celebrates a successful pass block. The bi-district game was hosted at Children’s Health Stadium Nov. 18. The Eagles won 28-3 against Plano Senior. The team looks to face off against South Grand Prairie Nov. 18 at Choctaw Stadium.

Eagle Update & Resources

ENN

ENN

Upcoming

• This year’s Thanksgiving Break will be held Nov. 21 — 25.
  • PHS boys and girls soccer tryouts will be held Nov. 28 — 30. There will be an additional day of tryouts Dec. 1 if needed. Meet at the MPF by 4:15 p.m. each day for tryouts. You must have a completed physical on file with the athletic trainers to participate.
  • The NHS scholarship form is due Nov. 30.
  • The 2nd Annual Winter Classic Ping Pong Tournament (Singles & Doubles – Double Elimination Tournaments) will be held Dec. 3. Pizza & Popcorn will be provided. Singles Tournament starts at 10 a.m. and Doubles Tournament starts at 1 p.m.
The National Art Honor Society is collecting goods for the residents at the Settlers Ridge Care Center from Nov. 14 to Dec. 9. Students and teachers can drop off any goods from the list in the drop off box by the cafeteria or in room 3209 in the second portable. They are trying to collect as many goods as possible to help our local senior residents through the holiday season. Handmade written cards are also welcome.
  • The National Art Honor Society is collecting goods for the residents at the Settlers Ridge Care Center from Nov. 14 to Dec. 9. Students and teachers can drop off any goods from the list in the drop off box by the cafeteria or in room 3209 in the second portable. They are trying to collect as many goods as possible to help our local senior residents through the holiday season. Handmade written cards are also welcome.

Sports schedules

• Monday, Nov. 21 — No events.
  • Tuesday, Nov. 22
    9 a.m. 9th Girls Basketball A vs. Denison
    10:15 a.m. JV Girls Basketball vs. Denison
    11:30 a.m. Varsity Girls Basketball vs. Denison
    12 p.m. 9th Green Boys Basketball vs. Lake Highlands
    1 p.m. JV Boys Basketball vs. Lake Highlands
    1:15 p.m. 9th White Boys Basketball vs. Lake Highlands
    2:30 p.m. Varsity Boys Basketball vs. Lake Highlands
  • Wednesday, Nov. 23 – Sunday, Nov. 27 — No events.

Uplifting

Prosper’s Ready, Set, Teach students competed at the Texas Association of Future Educators Area 11 conference Nov. 12 at Southwestern Assemblies of God University (SAGU) in Waxahachie. For the first time in the history of the program, every competition advanced to TAFE State. TAFE State will be held in March at the Kalahari Resort in Round Rock, Texas. Congratulations to those Ready, Set, Teach students and good luck in the next round!