First pep rally at Eagle Stadium

Kester Muthalaly, Photography Editer and Writer

The Prosper community celebrated the Eagle’s many achievements, recognizing the state-winning volleyball team, area champion football team to the chorus of the state-attending Mighty Eagle Band for the first time in the Eagle Stadium November 30.

The middle schools accompanied the band, Cheer, and Talonettes as well.

“The pep rally was a success,” teacher Lyndsey Hamlin said. “I would love to do one again next year.”

For years, there have been dozens of pep rallies in the Eagle Arena, but this was the first pep rally outside of school in the Eagle Stadium.

“In the arena, we always have the students there, but Thursday, it was true community sitting up there intermixed,” cheer coach Julie Brantley said. “So having the pep rally in the stadium made it even more special.”

The pep rally wasn’t planned originally, but with Prosper’s success this year, the pep rally was inevitable.

It would’ve be more successful with further planning,” Hamlin said. “But you can’t plan for these things, we didn’t know the volleyball team or the football were going to do so well.”

Eager about the pep rally, the community came early and waited in the cold.

I had people  just sitting in the stands waiting for it to begin,” Brantley said. “That says a lot to have a community there.”

The community pep rally honored seniors in football, cheer, talonettes, and band.

“This has been a fantastic year,” Brantley said. “We have so many things to celebrate.”

Prosper congratulated senior cheerleaders Emily Crone, Caroline Gee, Lauren Gilmore, Courtney Glasscock, Emma Loncar, Ashlyn Richardson, Grace Smith, Hayley Stallings, Lexie Thompson, and Hannah Williams.

Prosper applauded senior talonettes Katie Ottenbreit, Sydney Aron, Lindsey Stewart, Rachel Lance,  and Olivia Reid.

Prosper honored senior band members Caleb Belonga, Chandler Bicksler, Ana Black, Skylar Bowden, Justin Bullock, Mariangela Colina, Karis Cooks, Austin Derebery, Madeline Duran, Natalie Dyer, Samantha Dyer, Morghan Flanagin, Gaby Flores, Jacqueline Garcia, Kiley Hansen, Taylor Hasz, Noah Hawkins, Oliver Hernandez-Perez, Izzy Holman, Connor Hull, Matthew Jones, Austin Keck, Sarena Lam, Avery Lambert, Cassidy Levings, Hannah Lilly, Sydney Nutter, Taylor Olson, Jessica Pippert, Victoria Pirtle, Janine Porath, Emily Ray, Abby Riley, Shawn Roberds, Tucker Sanford, Gabby Shreve, Kyle Skinner, Danielle Stelzer, Matt Stogsdill, Carson Stoner, Nick Taylor, Kristen Vidusek, and TJ Villani.

After the pep rally’s attendance, future pep rallies outside of the Eagle Arena look optimistic.

I’ve already asked Dr. Burdett if  we can start doing this every year, at least once, just because of the people,” Brantley said.