New student check-out procedures in effect immediately

Conner Cadenhead, Reporter

sNew student check out procedures went into effect Jan. 9. These new policies are designed to ensure that only parents are removing students from school, and not other students.

The new protocols will only affect checking out via a phone call, and will not affect check out procedures conducted at the front desk.

The new procedures are listed below.

If a parent/guardian call is from a phone listed in Skyward:

We will Check caller ID. If the name and number of the person calling ARE LISTED in skyward as the parent/guardian, we will seek to verify that it is the person based on the skyward information that you have provided.

If a parent/guardian Call is from a phone NOT listed in Skyward:

We will Check caller ID. If the name and number of the person calling ARE NOT LISTED in skyward as the parent/guardian, the person calling will be asked to call back from a phone number that is currently in Skyward for the student so we can authenticate the ID.

1. If calling from a verified Skyward number isn’t possible, we will ask that you email us FROM THE EMAIL WE HAVE IN SKYWARD for the parent/guardian. In the email, simply request the release of your child using their complete first and last name and list the reason for the release.
  2. If we can’t verify your identity with any of the above processes, you will need to come to the school in person to check out your child.