Children’s Health announces partnership with school district

Katie Johnson

Construction of the stadium and natatorium continues. Children’s Health received the district’s naming rights. the facility is set to open in August 2019. “There have been other stadiums in the state of Texas where they’ve partnered with someone, but that’s really just a company putting their name on the building,” assistant superintendent Greg Bradley said. “With Children’s,  not only do we have a partner that impacts athletics, but everyone that uses that stadium and natatorium will be able to benefit.”

Ana Arredondo, Reporter and Photographer

Children’s Health announced its partnership as the school district’s Official Pediatric Health Care Partner April 3.

The agreement, which has been in the works for approximately six months, entails a 10-year sponsorship along with the naming rights of the stadium that is set to open its doors in August, just in time for a second football season in Division 6A.

“Children’s has been a partner on the sports medicine side for a couple of years,” assistant superintendent Greg Bradley said. “They have a lot more to offer such as rotations for CTE kids and trainers. As I got to know the people who worked on the sports medicine side, I found out they were looking for a bigger partnership. We have quite a few sponsors for the stadium, but this deal with Children’s is comprehensive. It’s not just naming rights of the stadium.”

Children’s Health executives said they recognized the significance in the fast-growing communities around the Dallas northern suburbs.

“Prosper is an incredible community focused on providing the best education and services to its residents,” executive vice president of the Northern Market for Children’s Health Jeremiah Radandt said. “We are excited to form a long-term partnership with Prosper ISD and be the official pediatric healthcare partner for the children and families of Prosper as they grow.”

The agreement not only gives Children’s Health naming rights of the stadium but also a full spectrum of on-site sports medicine and healthcare for the school’s athletes. Health science students will be given the opportunity to work closely with Children’s Health nurses and doctors for further training. In addition, telehealth services are planned to be placed in every nurse’s office in Prosper ISD schools and sports organizations.

“The more people and doctors we know, then the better communication we can have and better care we can get,” lead athletic trainer Michael Henry said. “If a kid comes in, and their doctor is with Children’s, then we will be able to communicate the injury with them and get them the best care quickly. The benefit of a close partnership with a group like this gives us access to whatever we need. If we need diagnostics, x-rays or MRIs they’ll be able to get us what we need.”

Children’s Health officials said they agreed to work with sports medicine trainers, parents, coaches and athletes to offer the best health care, nutrition plans and even physical therapy. With the addition of new machinery and equipment, athletes will be able to be x-rayed after an injury and return to the field in no time. 

“There have been other stadiums in the state of Texas where they’ve partnered with someone, but that’s really just a company putting their name on the building,” Bradley said. “With Children’s, not only do we have a partner that impacts athletics, but everyone that uses that stadium and natatorium will be able to benefit.”