Podcast: All in My Mind – ‘Grades don’t define you’

Hosts remind students of meaning of success
As the end of the first semester comes to an end, there are many students stressing about their final grades. For their second episode of All in My Mind, juniors and hosts Erica Deutsch and Sofia Ayala address the false assumption that grades determine self worth. They discuss personal experiences and how it is necessary to accept failure and grow from it.
As the end of the first semester comes to an end, there are many students stressing about their final grades. For their second episode of “All in My Mind,” juniors and hosts Erica Deutsch and Sofia Ayala address the false assumption that grades determine self worth. They discuss personal experiences and how it is necessary to accept failure and grow from it.
Sofia Ayala

In this episode, juniors Sofia Ayala and Erica Deutsch discuss the stigma behind receiving bad grades and how failure is a good thing that can lead to success. “I think there are a lot of people, in high school, especially, who feel an immense amount of pressure to do their best in everything, including academics,” Deutsch said. “We hope to bring awareness to the fact that it is okay to fail, despite the outside influences that tell us it’s not. If we learn to grow from our failures, they can turn into our greatest achievements.”