Eagle Brief: Oct. 7-15

Students have no school Monday, Tuesday, test in PSAT, SAT Wednesday

Cate Emma Warren

On the stage, sophomore Titus Boyd, junior Tate Lauby, senior Marlee Parrish and freshman Sophia Gomez rehearse for their “Kodachrome” play. The play’s first show is Thursday, Oct. 14. There are more “Kodachrome” performances Friday and Saturday, Oct. 15 and 16.

Amanda Hare, Executive Editor-in-Chief

Check out Eagle Nation Online’s new weekly “Eagle Sports Roundup” by junior and photo editor Neena Sidhu for more upcoming games and last week’s scores and highlights.

Eagle Update

Updates on Makayla Noble

Thursday, Oct. 7

Makayla Noble, a varsity cheerleader, suffered a spinal cord accident Monday, Sept. 20. On Thursday, Oct. 7, @makaylasfightofficial posted on Instagram that Noble’s “spirits were up and (there were) lots of smiles today.”

“Mak passed her Swallow Study which means she is one step closer to eating on her own,” Makayla’s Fight Official said in their social media post. “She got to start with ice chips today and was very excited about that.”

They also said that Noble is medically ready to move to the rehabilitation facility.

“Medically speaking, everything is where it needs to be for Mak to move to the rehab facility,” they said. “This is still being decided, thank you for all the suggestions. We have done our research and have it from here. We are making the best decision for Makayla and our family.”

Noble will turn 17-years-old on Oct. 13. Community members can send birthday cards to her at: 8811 Eldorado Pkwy, #4115 Frisco, Texas 75033.

“Praises and special shout out to all the ICU nurses, physical therapists and Dr. Sixta at Medical City Plano,” Makayla’s Fight Official said. “We cannot thank them enough for the care they have given Makayla. We also want to specifically thank each and every one of you who have sent cards, notes and gifts. Each one gets read and shown to Mak and it brightens her day.

To donate to Makayla’s GoFundMe page, click here. Her page had more than $162,000 donated to it by Friday, Oct. 8 at 12 a.m.

Upcoming

In front of the high school, sophomore Kaya Miller takes a photo of the National Merit Scholars. National Merit Scholars are seniors who scored above a certain number on the PSAT that they took in their junior year of high school.  National Merit Semifinalists are Dennis Seibert and Reid Smith. Commended students include Sneha Algole, Makenna Brandvold, Casey Charleston, Tyler Cummings, Annmarie Graham, Alexander Kim, Charlie Koster, Meaghan McQueen, Elizabeth Myers, Erika Pedersen, Stephen Phillips, Kierstyn Schroeder, Jonathan Seo, Raquelle Smith, Hunter Springer and Drew Wessels. (Neena Sidhu)
  • Students have school off Monday and Tuesday, Oct. 11 and 12.
  • Varsity girls tennis will play in their bi-district match Tuesday, Oct. 12, away at 4 p.m.
  • Varsity volleyball will play Guyer Tuesday, Oct. 12, home at 6:30 p.m.
  • Juniors will take the PSAT Wednesday, Oct. 13. Seniors who didn’t take the ACT free with the school last year will take the SAT Wednesday, as well. Seniors who are not taking the SAT will have to arrive to school by noon.
  • Varsity girls tennis will play in the area round away Thursday, Oct. 14, away at 4 p.m.
  • Choir will hold their fall concert Thursday, Oct. 14, at 6:30 p.m. in the auditorium.
  • Theatre will perform their “Kodachrome” play Thursday and Friday, Oct. 14 and 15, at 6:30 p.m.
  • Varsity girls cross country will compete in their district meet Friday, Oct. 15, away at 8 a.m.
  • Varsity girls tennis will play in the area round Friday, Oct. 15, away at 4 p.m.
  • Varsity volleyball will play Allen Friday, Oct. 15, home at 5:30 p.m.
  • Theatre will perform their “Kodachrome” play Saturday, Oct. 16 at 2 o.m.

Uplifting