Golf prepares for spring season

JV+and+Varsity+girls+golf+prepares+for+the+Westridge+competition+in+McKinney.+JV+girls+won+1st+overall+and+JV+boys+with+2nd+place+with+a+score+of+82.+%E2%80%9CI+think+we+did+an+outstanding+job+this+season%2C+and+I+hope+we+do+just+a+good+in+the+spring%2C%E2%80%9D+sophomore+Ella+Slaughter+said+about+the+team.+

JV and Varsity girls golf prepares for the Westridge competition in McKinney. JV girls won 1st overall and JV boys with 2nd place with a score of 82. “I think we did an outstanding job this season, and I hope we do just a good in the spring,” sophomore Ella Slaughter said about the team.

With the fall golf season approaching the end, athletes prepare for the upcoming spring season. Team members said their goal is to work harder each day at the off-season practices to perfect their skills, come together as teammates and encourage individuals. The team took home win after win this fall season, and the same is expected in the spring season as well. 

“If we maintain our great work ethic and continue to build each other up, we’ll have an even better season in the spring,” junior golfer Brennan Graham said.

At the most recent golf competition, senior Emily Nystrom was named the individual champion at NTX interscholastic, and the girls varsity team placed second overall. Meanwhile, the boys varsity placed both first and second overall at the Heritage Ranch competition.

Varsity’s not the only team in the spotlight at these past competitions. With JV girls placing first overall and JV boys with second place and a score of 82, the JV girls and boys team made sure to stand out at the Westridge competition.

Sophomore golfer Ella Slaughter said she hopes this next season is just as good as this fall season.

“I think we did an outstanding job this season, and I hope we do just a good in the spring,” Slaughter said. “With just a little more practice and motivation, we could perform to our full potential.”

Earlier this season, JV girls played against the McKinney Boyd Broncos. Sophomore JV golfer Bella Ventura recaps on that game.

“It was definitely a challenge, but I just remembered what I had learned at practice and over the years I’ve been playing golf,” Ventura said. “What we learned in practice really paid off in this competition, there were lots of challenges.”

According to their twitter feed, JV girls won first place, with new personal bests by Ally Schnagl and Emily Nystrom.