Filed under News, Showcase

Theatre directors, students
to present 8 ‘Seussical’ performances

Theatre directors, students
to present 8 ‘Seussical’ performances

A poster in the main hallway advertises the theatre department's upcoming performance of

A poster in the main hallway advertises the theatre department's upcoming performance of "Seussical." Opening night is Thursday, Nov. 1 at 6:30 p.m. in the auditorium. "The sets are amazing, and everybody is working so hard,” sophomore and cast member Nikki Hansen said. “It going to be a great show. I want everybody to see our hard work.”

Haley Medeiros

Haley Medeiros

Haley Medeiros

Cast and crew for the high school’s production of Seussical will perform the first musical of the year on Thursday, Nov. 1, at 6:30 p.m.

All eight performances will take place in the auditorium.

“Students can expect a very non-traditional musical theatre show, because it’s Dr. Seuss’s work in a musical,” sophomore and Seussical cast member Nikki Hansen said. “It’s very bright and colorful and exciting.”

Shows will be on Nov. 1, 2, and 3, and they will continue the following weekend on Nov. 8, 9 and 10.

“The sets are amazing, and everybody is working so hard,” Hansen said. “It going to be a great show. I want everybody to see our hard work and appreciate it.”

There will be two performances on both Saturdays. The first show will start at 1:30 p.m., and the second begins at 6:30 p.m.

“Students should go because it is a show that is full of joy, and the artistry on the stage is spectacular,” theatre director Vicki Kirkley said. “It’s always great to see their friends being successful doing what they love and expressing their passion in a positive way.”

Tickets are $12 for adults and $10 for students. They can be purchased online at http://PHSPETC.Booktix.com.

“The show has so much hope in it,” Kirkley said. “It’s talking about acceptance, love, being who you are and standing up for what you believe in. That is something that everybody needs to have in their hearts.”

Cast and crew members have rehearsed since August.

“This is my first high school play, and it’s amazing,” freshman and cast member Carrington Langston said. “I was a little nervous at first, because I didn’t have a huge grasp on high school theatre. However, I don’t regret any of it.”

All performances are open to the public.

“Everybody has put their heart and soul into this,” Hansen said. “I feel like everybody needs a little Dr. Seuss in their life, just to show that anything’s possible.”

Haley Medeiros, Reporter

Haley Medeiros was born in New Jersey, but calls Massachusetts home. She moved to Prosper last summer (2017) and is currently a sophomore. Haley loves...