Prosper volleyball team soars into Round 3 of playoffs

Take a look at the season through PVB’s X posts
Alongside her teammate, senior Reese Renfrow bounces up to block the ball. The varsity team will partake in a bi-week, resting from their past tournaments, before continuing on. The Lady Eagles took on El Paso Coronado, on Sat. Aug 19, taking home a 2-1 win.
Riley McConnell

As they secured the Area Champion title on Nov. 3, Prosper Volleyball will now head into Round 3 of the playoffs, continuing the road to state. Today, Nov. 7, they play at 6:30 p.m. at Allen High School in this regional quarterfinal match against Plano East. Prosper volleyball, led by head coach, Ashlee McCormick, finished the regular season with a record of 34-9.

During this following victory over Martin, senior Ayden Ames hit her 1,500 kill mark.

On Oct. 31 Prosper volleyball swept Plano West to secure the Bi-District Champion title. Key players Ames, senior Reese Renfrow, senior Sydney Thornton, and sophomore Jayla Jackson contributed 38 kills to the 3-0 win.

Prosper volleyball have five senior players this year, Ayden Ames, Reese Renfrow, Taylor Gardner, Sydney Thornton, and Allie Duitsman. Ames is committed to play volleyball at the University of Texas at Austin. Gardner is committed to play beach volleyball at Houston Christian University. Renfrow is committed to play at Lewis University. Thornton is committed to play at Angelo State University.

On Sept. 8 PVB secured their first district win over Denton Guyer 3-0. Ames, Renfrow, and Thornton totaled 29 kills and 8 blocks. PVB continued their sweeping streak into their next district match-up against crosstown rival Rock Hill on Sept. 12 moving to a 22-6 record.

Prep Dig previewed Prosper volleyball heading into the start of their regular season which began on Sept. 9. The teams’ explosiveness, talent playing at the net, and consistency are highlighted throughout the article.

View Comments (2)
$300
$2000