Huddled with his teammates, junior Dailen Dickerson looks up toward the coaches. Dickerson plays defensive tackle. Prosper ended the night with a victory against Rockwall.
Erica Deutsch

JV ‘Green Team’ secures win over Rockwall

Players hold offense to one touchdown in 41-7 victory

The crowd cheers from the stands of the Prosper Turf and Track field as the Eagle Junior Varsity ‘Green Team’ defeats Rockwall High School with a score of 41-7.

The teams played Thursday, Sept. 7, at 7:30 p.m. in the Texas-evening 84-degree F heat. The next JV game will be held at Denton Guyer High School, Thursday, Sep. 14. Sophomore JV quarterback Braeden Imhoff, also one of the backup quarterbacks for the varsity team, said the team works like a family.

“My favorite part of playing the quarterback position is being able to have the opportunity to lead a group of people that are more like a family,” Imhoff said, “as well as being able to play a game I love.”

The JV football team is coached by Brian Thompson. This is Thompson’s 20th year of coaching and his 6th year at Prosper. Thompson also holds the head powerlifting coach position at Prosper, and he helps coach the varsity football team. The junior varsity defense held Rockwall’s offense to seven points

Prosper held Rockwall to zero points at halftime. The game ended at 9 p.m.

Junior Carter Heinhold said the team has a plan to improve their play even more before its next game against Denton Guyer.

“Our goal for the next game is to play all four quarters with intensity,” Heinhold said. “As the season goes on, we will focus on developing to play at the highest possible level to prepare for next year.”

Click the photo above to start a slideshow with information about the junior varsity football game Thursday, Sept. 8, against Rockwall High School.

Who: Prosper Eagle Junior Varsity Football team

What: Junior varsity football game against Rockwall High School

When: Thursday, Sept. 8, at 7:30 p.m.

Where: Prosper High School Turf and Track

What’s next: The junior varsity team will play Denton Guyer High School, Thursday, Sep. 14. The game will take place at Guyer High School at 7 p.m.