• December 2Football to compete 2:00 P.M. on Saturday at Lewisville, Basketball to play Heritage at 3:00 P.M. on Friday

Eagle Sports Roundup: March 31 — April 7

Softball, baseball continue season with wins, tennis advances to regional tournament

Lily Oxley

Preparing for the upcoming track meet, sprinters warm up on the football field. The next track meet will take place at Lovejoy High School on Friday, April 1. Prosper track is currently ranked No. 1 in the nation.

Neena Sidhu, Sports Editor

Reading Time: 4 minutes

To view the calendar of scheduled sporting events, click the high school athletics calendar here.

Scores, rosters and schedules are being updated here

Upcoming

• Varsity track will compete in the Lovejoy Relays away at Lovejoy High School, Friday, April 1, at 8 a.m.
  • Varsity softball will play against Little Elm away at Little Elm High School, Friday, April 1, at 7 p.m.
  • Varsity baseball will play against McKinney away at Ron Poe Stadium, Friday, April 1, at 7:30 p.m.
  • Varsity baseball will play against Rockwall away at Rockwall High School, Saturday, April 2, at 2 p.m.
  • Varsity softball will play against Guyer High School at home, Tuesday, April 5, at 7 p.m.
  • Varsity baseball will play against Rockwall High School at home, Tuesday, April 5, at 7:30 p.m.
  • Boys and girls lacrosse will play a game against each other, Friday, April 15 at 6 p.m. at the stadium.

Scores from March 24 — 31

For the previous edition of Eagle Sports Roundup, click here.

• Varsity tennis competed in the Eagle Invitational away at Abilene High School, Friday, March 25, and Saturday, March 26 and both the girl’s and boy’s teams placed as District Runner Ups.
  • Varsity track competed in Texas Relays away at the University of Texas at Austin, Friday, March 25, and Saturday, March 26 and had multiple school records broken.
  • Varsity boys soccer played against Lewisville High School in the bi-district round of the playoffs at Tommy Briggs Stadium at The Colony High School, Friday, March 25, and lost 5-4.
  • Varsity softball played against Allen at home, Friday, March 25, and won 11-10.
  • Varsity baseball played against Guyer at home, Friday, March 25, and won 8-4.
  • Varsity baseball played against Southlake Carroll away, Saturday, March 26, and lost 6-1.
  • Varsity boys powerlifting competed in the state meet at Abilene Expo Center, Saturday, March 26, and had two school records broken.
  • Varsity girls golf played in the District 5-6A Girl’s Tournament at the Lantana Golf Club, Monday, March 28, and Tuesday, March 29, and finished third place as a team and as the regional alternate.
  • Varsity softball played against McKinney Boyd away, Tuesday, March 29, and won 15-1.
  • Varsity baseball played against McKinney at home, Tuesday, March 29, and won 14-0.
After the District 5-6A Tournament, the tennis team stands together with their trophy. Both the girls and boys team placed as the District Teams Runner-Up. The tournament was held Wednesday, March 31 at Abilene High School. (Photo Courtesy of Prosper Tennis)

Highlights

• At the Texas Relays, varsity runners, junior Jack Johnston, sophomore Zane Akinyele, senior Remington Martin and junior Dawson Svoboda were able to break the school record in the Distance Medley Relay (DMR) with a time of 10:33.65.
  • Varsity golfer and junior Sydney Kinkade tied for the low round of the 2nd day with a score of 76. She earned the first individual spot on the third playoff hole, and will represent PHS at the regional golf tournament in April.
  • Varsity golfer and junior Hanna Fisch finished in the top ten and earned second Team All-District.
  • Varsity tennis players and doubles partners senior Drew John and freshman Presley Churchman qualified for the regional tournament and came in first place.
  • Varsity tennis player and junior Cameron Youtsey placed second in boys singles and is going to compete in the regional tournament.
  • Varsity tennis player and freshman Nicole Steel placed third in girls singles and is going to compete as an alternate at the regional tournament.
  • Varsity tennis players junior Elijah Steuer and sophomore Aryan Bhaskear placed third in boys doubles and are going to compete as an alternate the regional tournament.

Tweets