Eagle Brief: Feb. 14 – 18

Wrestling to compete in state championships, students have no school Friday

Michael Logan

Manning the camera, senior Cydney Jenks works a concert for the rock band “America.” The film students had the opportunity to work the video and audio of the show. The band, which features three members, was formed in 1970.

Amanda Hare and Alyssa Clark

Eagle Update

Arm outstretched, senior Joey Pivarnik shoots a layup. Pivarnik plays as a guard for the boys varsity team. The boys basketball team had their senior night celebration along with the girls team at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 8. Christi Norris

Upcoming

• Varsity boys golf will compete in the Prosper Spring Invitational home Monday, Feb. 14.
  • Varsity girls basketball will play Plano East away Monday, Feb, 14 at 7 p.m.
  • Varsity boys basketball will play Denton Guyer away Tuesday, Feb. 15, at 7 p.m.
  • Varsity softball will play Plano home Tuesday, Feb. 15, at 7 p.m.
  • Varsity boys soccer will play McKinney Boyd home Tuesday, Feb. 15, at 7:30 p.m. It’s also their senior night.
  • Varsity girls soccer will play McKinney Boyd away Tuesday, Feb. 15, at 7:30 p.m.
  • Varsity golf will compete in the Plano ISD Tournament away Wednesday, Feb. 16.
  • Varsity softball will play Waxahachie away Thursday, Feb. 17, at 9 a.m.
  • Varsity track will compete in the Hebron Invitational away Thursday, Feb. 17.
  • Varsity tennis will compete against Flowermound away Friday, Feb. 18.
  • Varsity wrestling will compete in the state champtionships away Friday, Feb. 18.
  • Varsity softball will play Mesquite Horn away Friday, Feb. 18.
  • Varsity baseball will play Southlake home Friday, Feb. 18, at 5 p.m.
  • Varsity swim and dive will compete in the state championship Friday, Feb. 18, at 5:30 p.m.
  • Varsity boys soccer will play Little Elm home Friday, Feb. 18, at 7:30 p.m.
  • Varsity girls soccer will play Little Elm away Friday, Feb. 18, at 7:30 p.m.
  • Varsity girls powerlifting will compete in an invitational meet away Saturday, Feb. 19.
  • Varsity softball will play Melissa away Saturday, Feb. 19, at 1 p.m.
  • Students have no school Friday, Feb. 18 and Monday, Feb. 21 due to bad weather make-up and Presidents’ Day

Uplifting

• Hope Week occured Feb. 7-11.
  • Archery competed in two tournements Jan. 22 and a tournament Jan. 29. The team came in second place in all of the tournaments to Arlington Martin. They will compete in the state meet in March.
  • Seven orchestra students participated in the UIL regional meet. Madeline Ashton, James Diehl, Matthew Oh and Edwin Varguese earned a superior rating. Hima Abilash, Nathan Chairat, and Samiyah King earned an excellent rating. Ashton, Diehl and Varguese will advance to the state meet.