Eagle Brief: Oct. 18-22

Tennis to compete in regional competition, school to hold Black Out pep rally Friday

Neena Sidhu

Before the game, the student section raises their hands toward the band for the fight song. The game was played Friday, Oct. 8, at 7 p.m. at Children’s Health Stadium. The theme was “Pink Out.”

Amanda Hare, Executive Editor-in-Chief

Check out Eagle Nation Online’s weekly “Eagle Sports Roundup” by junior and photo editor Neena Sidhu for more upcoming games and last week’s scores and highlights.

Eagle Update

Hand raised for the alma mater, junior Brayden Rymer holds his Flight Crew “buddy” Carter Schmidt. The varsity football team played McKinney at the Children’s Health Stadium Friday, Oct. 8. They won 31-14. (Neena Sidhu)

Upcoming

• Varsity girls tennis will play in the regional quarterfinals, Monday, Oct. 18, away at 8 a.m.
  • Varsity girls tennis will play in the regional quarterfinals, Tuesday, Oct. 19, away at 8 a.m.
  • Varsity girls swim and dive will compete against Denton Guyer, Tuesday, Oct. 19, away at 6 p.m.
  • Varsity volleyball will play McKinney, Tuesday, Oct. 19, away at 6:30 p.m.
  • Varsity girls tennis will play in the regional semifinals, Thursday, Oct. 21, away at 8 a.m.
  • Varsity girls tennis will play in the regional finals Friday, Oct. 22, away at 8 a.m.
  • Varsity volleyball will play McKinney Boyd, Friday, Oct. 22, away at 5:30 p.m.
  • Varsity football will play Denton Braswell, Friday, Oct. 22, away at 7 p.m.
  • The school will hold the Black Out Pep Rally Friday, Oct. 22.

Uplifting