Eagle Brief: April 23-30

Wrestlers+and+seniors+Austin+Gordon+and+John+Richardson+walk+down+the+hall+in+the+send+off+April+23.+The+send+off+honored+clubs%2C+sports+and+academic+teams+that+qualified+for+state+and+national+competitions.+Wrestling+freshman+Joseph+Richardson%2C+senior+John+Richardson%2C+senior+Chase+Parham+and+junior+Taylor+Martinez+will+compete+at+the+6A+state+championship.+

Caroline Wilburn

Wrestlers and seniors Austin Gordon and John Richardson walk down the hall in the send off April 23. The send off honored clubs, sports and academic teams that qualified for state and national competitions. Wrestling freshman Joseph Richardson, senior John Richardson, senior Chase Parham and junior Taylor Martinez will compete at the 6A state championship.

Grace Williamson, Editor-in-Chief

The last eagle update was April 27 at 11:43 a.m., check back daily for more updates.

Eagle Update

Upcoming

• Baseball plays against Allen at home April 23.
  • Softball will play McKinney Boyd away April 23.
  • Boys wrestling will compete at the UIL 6A State Championship April 23.
  • Boys and girls water polo teams will compete in the North Region consolidated meet April 23.
  • The track team will compete at the Region 1-6A Championship April 23-24  at the Arlington Maverick Stadium.
  • The Talonettes drill team will hold their spring show on April 24.
  • Boys and girls water polo teams will compete at the first North Region Championship April 30.
  • Relay For Life is rescheduled to April 30 due to bad weather. The venue has also changed, and the event will now take place at the Prosper High School track field.
  • Theatre will present “The Drowsy Chaperone” musical April 30. To purchase a ticket, click here.

Uplifting

• PISD teachers Kayla Shelpuk and Ms. Paige Trujillo have made the top 10 finalists of Collin County Moms Teacher of the Year. Vote for them by clicking on their picture or typing their name in the comments at this link.
  • The barbecue team traveled to state last weekend and got sixth place for their pinto beans and 14th place for their brisket.