Prosper firefighters pull senior Reed Davis out of a wrecked Honda Accord March 26 during the "Shattered Dreams" demonstration. "Shattered Dreams" is a staged event the school performs every four years before prom to educate students on the dangers of drinking and driving. Shattered Dreams consisted of students in the audio video group and the theatre department. (Kester Muthalaly)
Prosper firefighters pull senior Reed Davis out of a wrecked Honda Accord March 26 during the "Shattered Dreams" demonstration. "Shattered Dreams" is a staged event the school performs every four years before prom to educate students on the dangers of drinking and driving. Shattered Dreams consisted of students in the audio video group and the theatre department.

Kester Muthalaly

Firefighters help simulate car crash for ‘Shattered Dreams’

March 28, 2019

Reading Time: < 1 minute

Kester Muthalaly
Prosper firefighters pull senior Reid Davis out of a wrecked Honda Accord March 26 during the “Shattered Dreams” demonstration. “Shattered Dreams” is a staged event the school performs every four years before prom to educate students on the dangers of drinking and driving. Shattered Dreams consisted of students in the audio-video group and the theatre department.

Students play ‘living dead’ for ‘Shattered Dreams’ event

The SET-UP – ‘Shattered Dreams’ involves first responders, student helpers, district workers, community volunteers

Reading Time: < 1 minute

Prosper stages car crash at the school front for ‘Shattered Dreams’

Reading Time: < 1 minute
Seniors+Kaylee+Mattox+and+Hope+Raspberry+say+they+received+%22a+lot+of+funny+looks%22+all+day+for+their+%22Shattered+Dreams%22+makeup.+%22%28It%27s+worth+it%29+because+they+say+that+it+looks+really+cool%2C+and+they+want+to+know+about+it%2C+which+is+why+we%27re+doing+it%2C%22+Mattox+said.+%22They+see+the+dead+version+of+me+everywhere+I+go+and+what+it+would+be+like++-an+empty+space.%22+

Seniors Kaylee Mattox and Hope Raspberry say they received

Seniors Kaylee Mattox and Hope Raspberry say they received "a lot of funny looks" all day for their "Shattered Dreams" makeup. "(It's worth it) because they say that it looks really cool, and they want to know about it, which is why we're doing it," Mattox said. "They see the dead version of me everywhere I go and what it would be like -an empty space."

Aaron Boteng

Aaron Boteng

Aaron Boteng

Reading Time: < 1 minute

On Friday, April 5, students will stay in their first-period classrooms to watch the Eagle Production Group’s short film on “Shattered Dreams.” Freshmen and sophomores received a preview screening on March 26 during the original date of the main event, which included a live re-enactment of an alcohol-related car crash – complete with first responders. Juniors and seniors watched the live show while freshmen and sophomores viewed the film, which the students in the ENG class, under the direction of adviser Michael Logan, did.

In the photos, highlighted in the attached gallery, photo editor Kester Muthalaly captured moments and comments not all witnesses had the opportunity to see or hear.

Filmmaking, video shoots come to lifewith Eagle Production Group