Prom location, cost and more to know before the dance

Junior+and+senior+Prom+will+take+place+at+Southfork+Ranch+April+6.+Tickets+are+available+for+purchase+now+through+March+31+on+the+PHS+website.+Ticket+prices+will+change%2C+depending+on+the+date+of+purchase.+

Junior and senior Prom will take place at Southfork Ranch April 6. Tickets are available for purchase now through March 31 on the PHS website. Ticket prices will change, depending on the date of purchase.

Kester Muthalaly

Kester Muthalaly

Kester Muthalaly

Haley Stack, Assistant editor

Junior and senior “Starry night” prom will be held at Southfork Ranch in Parker Saturday, April 6 from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.

“We will have an array of desserts, including the chocolate fountain, delicious frozen drinks and a GIF photo booth,” head of the prom committee Jennifer Delano said. “The cost of prom includes all food, drink and activities, so you won’t need to worry about bringing additional money.”

Tickets will be available on the school’s website under announcements for $75 from Friday, March 1 to Sunday, March 17. The price will increase to $80 from Monday, March 18 to Sunday, March 31. There is no couple pricing available this year.

While there is no dress code, the administration reserves the right to deem any outfit inappropriate.

Free dresses are available in nurse Susan Marino’s office up until Friday, April 5. Dresses can be kept after the dance, and nurse Marino is not requesting any new dresses be dropped off.

Students can bring one outside guest, friend or date, under the age of 21 who must provide identification upon entry to the dance. If a student plans to bring an outside guest, they must fill out a form found in Theresa Mueller’s office. They must provide both parties parents’ or legal guardians’ signatures and a signature from the visiting students principal and have it turned in to Mueller by Monday, April 1.

Students should plan to arrive around 10 minutes early to the dance due to a required breathalyzer test before entering. Anyone who blows above a 0.00 BAC (blood alcohol content) will not be granted entrance and will face disciplinary consequences.

Voting for prom king and queen will take place through an online form starting April 1. Check back for an update with the link to vote.

Haley Stack, Assistant Editor

Haley Stack is a junior and this is her third year on the staff. She competes in UIL journalism and plays lacrosse for the city. One of her most treasured...