Dive into the second semester of 2022-23 school year

Sofia Ayala

Opening up to the first page of her planner, sophomore Sofia Ayala finishes the first page of her bullet journal. Ayala uses bullet journals as planners. This is the fourth year she’s used them to keep things in order.

Starting off the new year and the new semester, many important dates will be coming up in the remainder of the 2022-23 school year. This guide will help ensure that students are prepared for deadlines, days off and events.

January – As students return from the holidays and return to school, the beginning of the third nine weeks marked a fresh start for this quarter. This means that all grades reset for the next quarter. During January, the school district inducted staff members into the Athletic Hall of Fame. Schedule course selection opens up on Jan. 17 and will close on Feb. 3 – all dual credits forms are due before Jan. 20.

February – In February, we will be having a weather make-up day Feb. 17, and a professional learning/student holiday Feb. 20 – giving students a four day weekend. PHS varsity and JV track team will begin their spring season with a Tri practice meet Feb. 9. National holidays and celebrations during this month include Valentine’s Day Feb. 14 and President’s Day Feb. 20. The town of Prosper will be hosting the annual fishing derby Feb 18. at Frontier park.

March – Fast-forwarding to March, the students of PISD finish out the third nine weeks on March 3. Juniors will take the SAT March 1. The students have March 6-10 off for spring break. Graduating seniors will receive their cap and gowns from Jostens March 1. March 13, when the students come back from break, will be the beginning of the last nine weeks of the school year. The girls and boys JV and varsity soccer teams will officially end their district season Mar. 14. The district will host their annual Hope Walk March 25 to spread suicide awareness in the community.  The town of Prosper will be hosting a Moonlight movie March 31 for the community.

April – Students will have a break April 7 and a bad weather make-up day April 10. Prosper ISD will host their monthly school board meeting on April 17 at 7:30 p.m. The PHS Talonettes will be hosting their annual spring shows April 28 and April 29 (Time TBD).

May – To wrap up the school year, juniors and seniors are invited to attend PHS annual prom Saturday, May 6 at 6:00 p.m. – prom will take place at Marriott at Legacy Town Center in Plano, Texas. AP Exams will be held from May 1 – 12. The last day of school is May 24. Graduation will be held May 25 at 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.

More details about various events will be released closer to the date of their occurrence. More information on student holidays, and school events can be found on the weekly Eagle Brief and Prosper ISD website.