Cate Emma Warren

Enrolled in the Varsity Elite Acting class, senior Tate Lauby has been a part of theatre since 6th grade. ‘Clue: On Stage’ marks his 11th show in the department. Some of his previous roles include Giles Corey in ‘The Crucible’ and King Henry IV in ‘Queens.’

Tate Lauby – Mr. Green

Is this your first production with the department?

This is not my first production with the department. I have a surplus of other shows under my belt. I’ve done UIL all four years, participated in musicals and done a handful of other shows in the forms of Black Box performances or improv shows. I love performing every single time. 

How do you feel about the upcoming show?

I am very excited to finally perform. We have been working very hard for months, and it is so amazing to see everything come together.

Can you describe your character?

Mr. Green is a very interesting character. I see a lot of attributes of myself in him. First of all, he is extremely clumsy. Everything that could go wrong for him the show goes wrong. He may or may not be hiding a few things. You’ll have to watch to find out.

I am so proud of all of the people who have worked to make this show special.

— Tate Lauby

What are the types of things that you have been working on in rehearsals? 

A lot of “stunt” work and precision on certain movements. The show is very heavy in regards to movement. For example, a body falls out of a fridge onto me and also a chandelier falls on me.

What is something you are looking forward to when the show opens?

I am looking forward to finally having an audience. My favorite part is the reactions of people during a show. It builds everything.

Why should people come see this show?

It appeals to all ages. There are jokes in the show for people of every generation and it is a great “attraction.”

Eagle Nation Online • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$300
$2000