Cate Emma Warren

Acting in her first fall play with the department, sophomore Luckie Cormier is currently enrolled in Varsity Acting and JV Musical Theatre Production. She is also a member of the Improv team, the Chuckle Clucks. Cormier’s first role was in the Madagascar Jr. Musical in seventh grade at the American School in Japan.

Luckie Cormier – Mrs. Peacock

Is this your first production with the department?

No, this will be my third production. The first production I was in was ‘The Lion King Jr,’ and I was in the ensemble. I have also been in the black box show ‘Curse You, Otis Crummy, ‘as Miz Kitchencupboard. All my experiences with these shows were amazing.

How do you feel about the upcoming show?

I am very excited for this show, this is one of my favorite roles to have played, and everybody in this show is hilarious both onstage and off.

Can you describe your character?

Mrs. Peacock is a church-going wife of a senator, and she is a very eccentric old woman, “refuses” drinks because her lips shall not touch them and definitely doesn’t overreact to everything.

I am sad that the show is coming to an end this week, but I am looking forward to being a part of ‘Spongebob the Musical,’ and ‘Puffs’ next semester.

— Luckie Cormier

What are the types of things that you have been working on in rehearsals? 

We have been doing certain things to help us more with our characters. For me, recently I have been watching Golden Girls to help with some mannerisms of older women. I have also been trying to over exaggerate to the point I have to be told to stop.

What is something you are looking forward to when the show opens?

I am really looking forward to everybody’s reactions to the show, and all the jokes in the show. I’m also excited to see how one of our scenes plays out with people in the audience.

Why should people come see this show?

People should come see the show because there is something for everyone in it. If you love board games you will enjoy this show. There are a couple of old movie references in the script, even if you have no idea what ‘Clue’ is, and just enjoy any type of comedy, we have that as well.

Eagle Nation Online • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$300
$2000

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *