Cate Emma Warren

‘Les Misérables’ will be senior Austin Rose’s 15th show in the department. Previous roles Rose has portrayed include, Nick Bottom in ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream,’ The Fool in ‘Queens,’ and Eddie in ‘Mamma Mia!’ “Everyone in the show has grown so much,” Rose said. “They are all so talented and audiences will love getting to see and hear them.”

Austin Rose

Thénardier

Is this your first production with the department? If not, what else have you been in and how was that experience?

This is not my first show in the department. I have been in 13 productions at PHS. Every show has been a different and valuable experience. I learn more from every show that I am involved in.

How do you feel about the upcoming show?

I am so excited to perform ‘Les Misérables.’ It has been amazing to be a part of, and I can’t wait to show off our hard work.

Can you tell me a little bit about your character?

In ‘Les Misérables,‘ I play Thénardier. He is kind of the secondary antagonist of the story. He is a seemingly one dimensional character who prioritizes money and drinking above all else. You get to see how he affects the people around him through his selfish actions.

This show has been a blessing to be a part of and I really hope the audience will love this show as much as I do.

— Austin Rose

What are the types of things that you have been working on in rehearsals?

We work on a lot of things during rehearsals, but a big thing we work on is music. Because ‘Les Misérables‘ is entirely music, it is extremely vital that we make our singing as good as it can be. So we spend many hours of our rehearsals focusing on harmonies and timing of music to make sure it is as good as possible.

Can you tell me something you are looking forward to when the show opens?

I’m looking forward to being able to perform this show when it opens, because we will get to tell this story to the audience. I love ‘Les Misérables‘ and it has done so much for me, and I am so excited to be able to share one of the greatest stories of all time with this audience.

Why should people come see this show?

People should come see ‘Les Misérables’ to get to see all the talent that will be on that stage. Everyone in the show has grown so much, and they are all so talented. Audiences will love getting to see and hear them.

Eagle Nation Online • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$300
$2000