After+playing+Zazu+in+last+years+The+Lion+King+Jr%2C+sophomore+Aiden+Hansen+will+play+Marius+in+the+upcoming+production.+He+is+currently+enrolled+in+the+enrolled+in+the+Varsity+Elite+Acting+class+and+Varsity+Musical.+Hansen+also+played+one+of+the+ensemble+members+in+the+musical+this+past+spring+Godspell.+

Cate Emma Warren

After playing Zazu in last year’s ‘The Lion King Jr,’ sophomore Aiden Hansen will play Marius in the upcoming production. He is currently enrolled in the enrolled in the Varsity Elite Acting class and Varsity Musical. Hansen also played one of the ensemble members in the musical this past spring ‘Godspell.’

Aiden Hansen

Marius

Is this your first production with the department?

This is my third production with Prosper Theatre. I played the role of Zazu in ‘The Lion King Jr.’ and played ensemble in ‘Godspell’. Both of these were very fun experiences, but neither are like the experience of being ‘Les Misérables.’

How do you feel about the upcoming show?

‘Les Misérables’ is a much more serious show, and an extra challenge is that the show is completely sung. I feel very good about the upcoming show. I feel like it may be the most prepared we have ever been for a show since I have been here.

Can you tell me a little bit about your character?

I have the pleasure of playing the role of Marius. Marius is a student who fights in the revolution. Throughout the show we learn how Marius can be very naive. An example of this is him being unaware of Eponine’s feelings for him. Towards the middle of Act One, he meets a girl named Cosette who he falls in love with immediately. He is separated from her as he chooses to fight for his country’s freedom at the barricade. They are eventually reunited and are one of the only few characters who live through the events of the show. Marius, Cosette and Eponine’s plot in ‘Les Misérables’ teach valuable lessons of friendship and love.

What are the types of things that you have been working on in rehearsals? 

In rehearsals music has been a major priority. I thank Mr. Kullman and Mrs. Kirkley for being such a guide in that process. Selling the tragedy of the show is also a difficult task. My character in particular goes through major tragedies in the show. Working on making these characters feel real has been a major part of the rehearsal process.

Can you tell me something you are looking forward to when the show opens? 

The Barricade scenes in the show are what I am looking forward to most. The set along with the amazing music is hands down my favorite part of the show. ‘One Day More,’ the Act One closer is also something I look forward to greatly. In my opinion, it is the best song in the show and I love Marius’ part in it.

Why should people come see this show?

‘Les Misérables is an amazing story of love and friendship. With the amount of work and time we have put into it the entire department would love for anyone to come and enjoy this beautiful show.

Eagle Nation Online • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$300
$2000