Some+of+senior+Marissa+Denmans+previous+roles+include+Trix+the+Aviatrix+in+The+Drowsy+Chaperone%2C+Judge+Hathorne+in+The+Crucible%2C+and+Rafiki+in+The+Lion+King+Jr.+Denman+is+currently+enrolled+in+Varsity+Elite+Production%2C+Varsity+Musical+Theatre%2C+the+Acapella+Choir%2C+and+Chamber+Choir.+She+has+been+in+theatre+for+five+years+and+choir+for+eight.+

Cate Emma Warren

Some of senior Marissa Denman’s previous roles include Trix the Aviatrix in ‘The Drowsy Chaperone,’ Judge Hathorne in ‘The Crucible,’ and Rafiki in ‘The Lion King Jr.’ Denman is currently enrolled in Varsity Elite Production, Varsity Musical Theatre, the Acapella Choir, and Chamber Choir. She has been in theatre for five years and choir for eight.

Marissa Denman

Éponine

Is this your first production with the department?

No, I’ve been in this department since my freshman year and have participated in as many productions as possible, some of which are: ‘The Lion King Jr,’ ‘The Crucible,’ ‘Godspell,’ ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream,’ and ‘The Drowsy Chaperone.’ My first show was in JV production my freshman year under the direction of Mr. Jones – ‘Wiley and the Hairy Man.’ It was a really fun show, but sadly it was cut short by COVID-19 and I didn’t get to perform it.

How do you feel about the upcoming show?

I’m very excited! This show has been so much fun, and I think it’s going to turn out really well.

Can you describe your character?

Éponine is the eldest child of the Thénardier’s, Cosette lived with her and her family for their early childhood, and she is close friends with Marius.

I’m so grateful to be in such a large department with tons of opportunities to improve and learn.

— Marissa Denman

What are the types of things that you have been working on in rehearsals?

Mainly we’ve been running parts of the show we need to work on, and then running them in order. When I’m not in a scene or song I tend to work on parts I’m struggling with remembering.

What is something you are looking forward to when the show opens?

I’m really excited for my friends who aren’t in theatre to come and see it, they’re always supportive and I really appreciate it when they come.

Why should people come see this show?

First of all, it’s ‘Les Misérables.’ Second, it’s gonna be really good!

Eagle Nation Online • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$300
$2000