Last+year%2C+senior+Madyson+Heaton+played+Elizabeth+in+the+UIL+OAP+The+Crucible+and+Nala+in+The+Lion+King+Jr.+Heaton+is+currently+enrolled+in+the+Varsity+Elite+Production+class+and+the+Varsity+Musical+class.+She+has+been+in+theatre+for+9+years+and+was+in+choir+for+10.+

Cate Emma Warren

Last year, senior Madyson Heaton played Elizabeth in the UIL OAP ‘The Crucible’ and Nala in ‘The Lion King Jr.’ Heaton is currently enrolled in the Varsity Elite Production class and the Varsity Musical class. She has been in theatre for 9 years and was in choir for 10.

Madyson Heaton

Fantine

Is this your first production with the department?

This is my 5th production with the department and this is my favorite musical we have done. I was also in ‘The Lion King Jr.’ with the role of Nala, and was Elizabeth in ‘The Crucible’. Both of those roles were so much fun and taught me how to be a stronger actor and singer.

How do you feel about the upcoming show?

I am extremely excited for ‘Les Misérables’ to open, and I can’t wait to see how the audience reacts to all of the hard work we’ve put in. 

Can you describe your character?

My character, Fantine, is the mother of Cosette and is doing everything she can in order to provide financially for her daughter even though she had to give her away when she was born. Even though her character arc is short lived, she is very significant to the plot of ‘Les Misérables’. 

What are the types of things that you have been working on in rehearsals? 

We have been working on blocking and singing for the show and making sure that everything looks clean from the audience’s perspective. 

What is something you are looking forward to when the show opens?

I am looking forward to making great memories playing the role of Fantine. It’s my favorite role I’ve done and I’m super excited to do it with a talented cast.

Eagle Nation Online • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

$300
$2000