Eagle Brief: April 4 – 8

PTO board election to come, 2 seniors receive full rides

Jake Radcliffe

In front of the cafeteria, seniors Sydney Thomas and Grace Hale showcase their booklets. Both earned full ride scholarships to Texas Christian University and plan to be roommates. “I will be studying Strategic Communications with a minor in Political Science,” Hale said. “I want to help out with non-profit organizations and building a bridge between them and the government.”

Alyssa Clark and Amanda Hare

Sitting at a table in the school district board meeting room, Chief Communications Officer Rachel Trotter and District Attorney Jeff Crownover answer questions from both PHS and RHHS student journalists. The press conference was held after school on March 30, and was invitation only. It was held so that student journalists within the district could ask questions on the topic of concerns over the district’s library collection development process. (Rusty Joe Gonzalez)

Eagle Update

The Prosper Theatre department will perform “Godspell” next weekend, April 7, 8 and 9 at 6:30 p.m. each day. Advanced tickets are on sale at www.prospertheatre.com. “Godspell” is a musical with themes of slapstick humor, comedy, mime and music. (Photo Courtesy of Prosper Theatre)

Upcoming

• The barbecue team will head to the Mansfield Regional BBQ Cook-Off April 1 for their competition. The team is led by Brett Claypoole.
  • The district will hold their first annual fire truck pull on April 9, starting at 9 a.m. for check in, at the Children’s Health Stadium to help raise money for the Prosper Special Olympics. Teams of 10 can register for $100, and individuals can register for $10.
  • The Prosper Education Foundation has set aside funds for students in AP, Dual Credit and CTE courses. AP students can apply to have their test fees paid for by using this form. Dual Credit students can apply to have their Fall 2022 tuition paid for using this form. These two applications are due May 1 by midnight. For students taking a second industry based certification, students may talk to their CTE teachers for scholarship reimbursement.
  • The Parent Teacher Organization will hold elections for the PTO board in the next coming weeks. The nominations for the elections were finalized March 28, and all eligible PTO members will be able to vote April 11 to 15, and voting results will be announced April 22.
  • Relay for Life will take place April 22, from 5 to 1o p.m. at the school track. For anyone battling cancer, or knows a caregiver that is helping someone beat cancer, they can fill out this form to be honored at the event.
  • Juniors and seniors can buy their prom tickets here, and the deadline for tickets is May 2. Prom will be May 7. Anyone bringing a non-PHS student must fill out this form before buying the tickets.
  • Prosper theatre will show the musical “Godspell” in the auditorium April 7-9 at 6:30 p.m. For more information, visit prospertheatre.com. Tickets can also be purchased here.

Uplifting

• The Prosper Texas Association of Future Educators competed at state in Dallas earlier in March, and six students have moved on to nationals, and will advance to the Educator Rising National Conference in June 2022. The national qualifiers are senior Ashley Bledsoe, senior Alivia DiDonato, senior Riley Dossett, senior Suhyoon Lee, junior Mady Small and senior Skyler Stubblefield. Small stepped into Dossett’s position in the small group competition with DiDonato, and advanced.
  • The blood drive was held this past Tuesday, March 29, and 81 units of blood were collected, which could impact and potentially save 243 lives.
  • After delays to their UIL competition due to weather, the Philharmonic Orchestra and the Symphonic Orchestra received the highest rating possible at UIL last week. This is the first year the department has had three separate orchestras at the school, and all three orchestras received sweepstakes, or perfect scores, at UIL Concert and Sight-Reading.

https://twitter.com/CoachBerSosa/status/1478759276340383744?s=20&t=vBtUnxbx5pWcwbpuEh53OQ