Eagle Brief: Nov. 22 – 26

Students have school off for Thanksgiving Break; percussion, archery, wrestling place in competitions

Photo courtesy of John Alstrin

At the Prosper Town Hall, Prosper Chamber Choir performs a tribute for veterans in the Prosper Rotary Club Veteran’s Day Service. On Nov. 6, the choir performed in the Region 24 Concert. Eight students earned the opportunity to audition this month for a spot in the All Region Choir.

Amanda Hare and Alyssa Clark

Amanda Hare

Check out Eagle Nation Online’s weekly “Eagle Sports Roundup” by junior Neena Sidhu for more upcoming games and last week’s scores and highlights.

Eagle Update

Upcoming

• Thanksgiving break will occur from Saturday, Nov. 20 to Sunday, Nov. 28. Students will have no school the week of Nov. 22-26.
  • Varsity girls basketball will play The Colony away Tuesday, Nov. 23.
  • Varsity wrestling will compete in the College Park Tournament away Friday and Saturday, Nov. 26 and 27.
  • The National Art Honor Society will host an all-district arts and crafts fair on Dec. 4 at Rock Hill High School.

Uplifting

• Wrestling competed in the Arlington Invitational Friday and Saturday, Nov. 12 and 13. The girls teams placed fifth, and the boys teams placed second.
    • Girls Junior Varsity: 4th – Diana Patino; 2nd – Samyah Webber; Champions – Sarah Benavides, Ciera Stuver
    • Boys Junior Varsity/Freshmen: 4th – Ethan Frideley; 3rd – Cristian Heidelberg; 2nd – Carter Wolfe, Keagan Justus, Cole Lee, John Dyer; Champions – Aaron Martinez, Ryelan King, Tyler Moore, Jack Ringger
    • Girls Varsity: 3rd – Lauren Garst, Raquel Iturrino, Alyssa Galindo; 2nd – Kathryn Hall-Smith
    • Boys Varsity: 4th – Wyatt Hopper, Michael Factor; 2nd – Sam Iturrino, Dominic Owens, Andrew Fahim; Champions – Joseph Richardson, Mason Gordon
  • Prosper Percussion competed in the Percussive Arts Society International Convention in Indiannapolis, IN — the largest percussion event in the world.
    • The Prosper Percussion Ensemble containing Noah Gordon, Brayden Haslem, Carson Strain and Jack Weinheimer won first in the Chamber Ensemble Competition.
    • Savannah Westwick won the Snare Drum Contest.
    • Noah Gordon won the Tenor Drum Contest.
  • The archery team competed in their first competiton Saturday, Nov. 13. They took first place and earned the second highest score in the team’s history.
    • High School Boy: 10th – Sam Sidhu; 6th – Cooper Wigginton; 3rd – Colin Sweeney; 2nd – John Dyer
    • High School Girl: 9th – Nelly Gad; 3rd – Maiya Oyakawa

Click the photo below to open a slideshow featuring images celebrating student accomplishments. It features a flyer for an upcoming arts and crafts fair, pictures from percussion’s competition and the Signing Day Ceremony.