News Brief: Seniors soar into final week, graduation information releases

Holding+her+graduation+cap+tassel%2C+senior+Emily+Wright+stands+for+a+cap+and+gown+photoshoot.+Senior+Week+will+begin+May+17+and+continue+through+May+21%2C+followed+by+graduation+May+22.+Activities+include+Senior+Olympics%2C+Adventure+Landing%2C+community+service%2C+and+the+elementary+school+walk.++

Emma Hutchinson

Holding her graduation cap tassel, senior Emily Wright stands for a cap and gown photoshoot. Senior Week will begin May 17 and continue through May 21, followed by graduation May 22. Activities include Senior Olympics, Adventure Landing, community service, and the elementary school walk.

Instead of attending the final school days of the year, Senior Week will take place May 17-21 for seniors to participate in a week of activities and graduation preparation.

All seniors must meet the academic requirements and return their Chromebooks in order to be a part of Senior Week and graduate. Students who need transportation at any time for senior week events must fill out the form here.  After graduation, all seniors will lose access to their google accounts. To download and save a Google drive, click here.

Monday, May 17

• 8 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. – Prosper Independent School District K-12 picture at Children’s Health Stadium.
  • 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. – Senior Olympics and Powderpuff game at Children’s Health Stadium.
    • The game will be against Rock Hill High School’s team.
    • More information to come via email for those who signed up to play.
  • 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. – Senior students slideshow will be on display at the Children’s Health Stadium.

Tuesday, May 18

• 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. – Seniors will take a trip to Adventure Landing.
    • Students must drive themselves. If they need transportation, they can fill out the form here.
    • They will sign in at Adventure Landing once they arrive, and lunch will be provided.
  • 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. – Top 10% Banquet will be held at the Prosper High School cafeteria.
    • students will receive stoles, medals and awards. They will also honor their chosen educator.

Wednesday, May 19

• 9:30 a.m. to  1:30 p.m. – The Day of Service and elementary schools walk.
    • All students will arrive and sign in at the PHS cafeteria.
    • Then, they will take a bus to the specific elementary campus they signed up to walka t, or report directly to their community service project.
    • There will be a service project available at the high school for students who are not signed up.
  • 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. – The Graduation Celebration will be held at the Children’s Health Stadium. The event will feature prizes, games and a senior parent pep rally.

Thursday, May 20

• 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. – Students will arrive at the high school to receive and sign their yearbooks, eat breakfast, confirm their name pronunciation for graduation, experience their final walk through the high school, take a group senior picture and receive their UIL cords.
  • Parents will be allowed to enter the building at 11:30 a.m. to watch the final walk at 11:45 a.m.

Friday, May 21

• 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. – Students must attend the mandatory graduation practice at PHS.

Saturday, May 22

• 5:30 p.m. – All seniors will meet at the PHS Arena prior to the graduation ceremony. They will be placed into ordered lines and take cap and gown photos. Seniors should park at the high school, and they will be bussed to the Children’s Health Stadium.
  • 7:30 p.m. – The graduation ceremony will begin at the Children’s Health Stadium.
  • After graduation, may leave with their families, or they can take a bus to shuttle them back to the high school. The transportation form must be completed if they plan to ride the bus.