All about the Interact Club

Mariana Pena, Reporter

Interact Club offers students the opportunity to reach out to the community by providing many service project opportunities and activities in and around Prosper.

“I’ve been a part of the club for since freshman year and I became really dedicated to it because I saw how important it was to a lot of people,” says Chloe Connelly, the club’s president. “As I kept participating more and more I really started to realize that it was something I wanted to be a part of and not just something I wanted to do every once in a while.”

This year the club has grown, which makes it easier for larger projects such as collections and street cleanup to be done.

“The club has been here for quite a few years but it hadn’t gotten really big with only a couple of returning members,” Connelly said. “This year it really picked up and it’s getting huge.”

The Interact Club has already had a busy first semester, including trips to the Settler’s Ridge Nursing Home in Celina and a collection of pet items for the McKinney SPCA to transport to the Houston area for families unable to provide for their pets as a result of Hurricane Harvey. It also works with the Prosper Rotary Club, the adult version of the Interact Club.

“Anybody can join Interact,” Connelly said. “It isn’t really a big time commitment but it all starts with coming to a meeting and checking it out. If you’re interested in joining the club, it may be a good idea to go with the Interact Club to a service project or activity and see if it is a good fit for you.”

To join the club, contact Mr. McCall, the club sponsor, in room 2209 and regularly attend meetings held every other Thursday during Eagle Time.