The Prosper Strings program holiday concert

Neha Madhira, Assistant Editor

The Prosper ISD Fine Arts Department will present its Prosper Strings Program Holiday Concert tonight at 7:00 p.m. The Windsong Suzuki Strings, Rogers and Reynolds Orchestras and the high school’s Chamber and Combined Orchestras, will be performing.

“We had one concert in October but this is our winter or holiday, concert,” senior and cello player Peyton Jefferson said. “We’ll be playing Christmas music between the first period and second period, and then two pieces with both of the classes combined.”

The four instruments in the orchestra are the violin, viola, bass, and the cello. Christmas songs that the high school orchestra will play include “Veni Veni “and “The Prayer”.

“The first and second period combined will play “Veni Veni ” as well as my favorite song from The Sound of Music,” Jefferson said. “First period will also be playing The Prayer and a few others.”

Jefferson started playing the cello when she was in sixth grade but stopped when she moved here.

“Whenever I moved here in 8th grade, they didn’t have the program,” Jefferson said. “So for four years I didn’t play, but I picked it back up this year when I found out they started the program.”

The concert is in the high school auditorium and there is no admission fee. There will also be special guest coal performances by Aaron Tombrella and Andrea Williams.