What to expect for chromebook pick-up

Isabella Abraham

Cars line up in front of Hughes Elementary school. Starting today and until Friday, Mar. 20, parents can go to their nearest Prosper ISD elementary school from 8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. and again from 1 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. to pick up Chromebooks.

Isabella Abraham, Feature/Copy Editor

For families in need of technology, the district will provide Chromebooks. Starting today and until Friday, Mar. 20, parents can go to their nearest Prosper ISD elementary school from 8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. and again from 1 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. to pick up devices.

Parents will need to drive and remain in their vehicle (gloved staff will make their way to your car), as the district has strict rules against entering the school building. Bringing a valid State ID and students bringing their assigned student ID or driver’s license is critical for staff to verify enrollment, and provide the Chromebook(s). If there are any issues with lost IDs, staff working the line can help you.

Included with the laptops is a packet guide with instructions on how to connect the Chromebooks to WiFi and other tips. If there is any confusion, parents can contact homehelp@prosper-isd.net or call 469-219-2444 during school hours (8 a.m. – 4 p.m.) for technical support. If you need to get a new Chromebook for any reason, staff at the elementary schools asks that you call in advance before driving to the school.

The district considers the fact that not every family will have access to the internet and will provide resources to combat this issue. Please contact administration for more info.

Beyond technology needs, if any family struggles with access to a steady food supply, Prosper ISD food services will offer grab-and-go lunch pickup every weekday at Baker, Furr, Rucker and Windsong Elementary schools starting today, Mar. 18 until the reopening of district facilities. The district asks that parents remain in their vehicle in practice of social distancing and to keep the community safe, however, meals for anyone walking will be given out at the same location. Families can find a link to local community food services here.