Wrightsil and Davis lead Prosper to comeback win against McKinney Boyd

Josh+Davis-11

Jenae Arias

Josh Davis-11

Zach Markey, Sports Writer

Boys basketball won a tight matchup against McKinney Boyd by a final score of 51-48 Tuesday. Junior forward Zach Wrightsil led scoring with 16 points, while sophomore Josh Davis had another impressive performance adding 10 of his own. This win sets Prosper out to a three game winning streak to begin the season, and plenty of confidence heading into the Prosper ISD tournament starting this week.

The tournament will include teams from the area in which the Eagles will play Thursday night through Saturday. In the first round, Prosper will face off against the Frisco Legacy Christian Eagles Thursday night in the Arena. Like Prosper, Frisco Legacy Christian has jumped out to a solid start this season with a 5-2 record. This should be a great test for Prosper and will improve their growth as a team, win or lose.

With that, Tuesday’s win was fantastic for the players, coaches and fans of Prosper basketball. They are out to a tremendous start and should be recognized for their accomplishments. The guys could be the real deal this winter, but we will know more after the tournament this week.

Boys basketball will play in the Prosper ISD Invitational, starting Thursday against Frisco Legacy Christian.